Kannada , Hindi, English
First Aid Kit
Bangalore city boasts of not only many interesting sightseeing choices but also an enviable list of weekend getaways varying from hill stations to heritage sites. So if you are looking for a short trip from Bangalore, then Mysore is undoubtedly one of the destinations to plan a visit. The historically rich city of Mysore still presents a glimpse into the stateliness of the past accompanied by a vibrant culture and spirituality of equally magnificent religious shrines.
Our cab will pick you from your place of accommodation in Bangalore at a mutually agreed time and from there we will embark on our journey to embrace the quintessential old-school charm of Mysore City. This road trip from Bangalore to Mysore will allow you to dive into the culture and vibe of Karnataka.
The distance between the two is approximately 150 km and it will take us less than 4 hours to reach our destination via Mysore Road. In between, one can experience small towns, temples, and some of the most scenic landscapes that the state has to offer.
Our first place of interest in Mysore would the Srirangapatna Fort which is surrounded by the river Kaveri on one side. It is famous for housing a temple, a mosque, and two dungeons. Next, we would visit the Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple which is located within the premise of the Srirangapatna Fort. After paying our respects here, we will visit Tippu's Summer Palace which is famous for its Indo Islamic architecture and in particular for the walls done with floral motifs.
Next on our itinerary would be the Gumbuz which has the remains of the Mysore King, Tippu Sultan, and his parents, Hyder Ali and Fakr-Un-Nisa. Next, we will make a visit to Chamundeshwari Temple which is a hilltop temple nestled in the Chamundi Hills, and then to the very colorful Statue of Mahishasura and Nandi which is also located on the same hills.
To include some recreational activity in our 1 Day Bangalore to Mysore City Tour, we will visit the Mysore Zoo which is one of the oldest and the largest zoos of India. Next in our itinerary is the Mysore Maharaja Palace which draws inspiration from Hindu, Mughal, Rajput, and Gothic styles of architecture and is one of the most visited monuments of Mysore.
Further, we will visit the art gallery nestled in the Jaganmohan Palace which is famous for being home to the largest collection of South Indian artifacts. We will then visit St. Philomena's Church which is the tallest church in Asia and is popular for its Neo-Gothic style of architecture.
We will conclude our one-day Bangalore to Mysore city tour by visiting the Brindavan Gardens whose main attraction is the musical fountain show that can be witnessed during the evenings. From here, our cab will comfortably take you back to your place of origin.
Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple:
- Originally sanctified in 984 A.D, this Hindu temple is dedicated to Lord Ranganatha, an incarnation of Lord Vishnu. This temple because of its rich lineage is protected under the Archaeological Survey of India. On the top portion of the entrance of the main temple, one can find sculptures of the different forms of Lord Vishnu like Lord Narasimha, Lord Vamana, Lord Rama, Lord Krishna, etc. It also has 21 detailed pillars and there are two halls, namely, the Mukhamandapa (the front hall) and a Sukhanasi (an Antechamber).
Tippu's Summer Palace:
- Tippu's Summer Palace: The summer retreat of Tipu Sultan was often called the ‘Abode of Happiness’ and ‘Envy of Heaven’ by the constructor himself. It is also popularly known as Dariya Daulat Bagh which literally means ‘“wealth of the sea” and its brilliant architecture has been captivating visitors for since long. The construction of the palace began in 1778 by Hyder Ali Khan and was finished by his son Tipu Sultan in 1784. The wooden and stone structure, intricate carvings, floral designs, paintings depicting scenes of the various battles, and portraits of the rulers are a must-see
- Srirangapatna Fort: Known for its historical significance and architectural brilliance, this fort was originally built in 1454 AD. Initially a mud fort, its present structure was built during the reign of Tipu Sultan. Its majestic gates and impassable defense system are worth exploring. There are seven entrances, two of the popular ones being the Mysore Gate and the other is the Elephant Gate. The Ranganathaswamy Temple, the Narasimhaswamy temple, and the Juma mosque rest within the fort, all of which add to the glory of the fort.
Chamundi Hills, statue of Mahishasura and Nandi statue
- The spiritual landmark and a place to visit in Mysore for a one-day trip, Built during the Vijayanagar Empire in the 17th century the temple has goddess Chamundeshwari as the main deity, a form of fierce incarnation of Durga. Mysore one day trip accommodates this auspicious majestic mythological place of Chamundeshwari temple. The Temple trip also covers the statue of Mahishasura and Nandi statue that is carved with a key to details
- Mysore one day tour package that covers places in Mysore by cab includes Mysore zoo as a prime location. Located in 157 acres accommodating more than 1450 specimens racing from more than 25 countries, Mysore zoo is the second most visited place of travelers
- The Mysore Palace is 107 years old historical legacy built during Wodeyar Dynasty. One day trip to Mysore will not be complete without visiting Mysore palace. Night or day the magnitude, elegance and magnificent beauty of Palace mesmerizes visitors.
- Built in the traditional Hindu architectural style with striking features the palace is adorned with carvings of Dashavatara, the ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu. Being converted into an art gallery, the palace has a rich collection of paintings by renowned artists. The palace further displays a rich collection of exquisite Royal life that includes weapons, coins, currencies, ceramics, brassware, French musical clock, furniture, gold leaf paintings, sandalwood carvings, ivory carvings, mementos, etc.
St. Philomena’s Church
- Built-in the Victorian style and designed by the French artist Daly. The church is in the shape of a cross with a design of spires similar to St. Patrick’s Church New York. Crafted in marble, the statue of St. Philomena hails from France.
Brindavan Garden KRS
- Mysore one day tour package is made exciting with Brindavan Garden KRS. Offering entrancing beauty, dotted with innumerable fountains and captivating illumination, the terrace gardens allure visitors. The lawn, flowerbeds, hedgerows has Bougainvillea and allamanda plants with flower beds and patterned hedges along with Cypress plants.
- All Applicable Taxes
- All Transfers and Sightseeing’s by Private Cab
- Driver Allowance.
- Toll,and All Parking Charges.
- Breakfast lunch, dinner,
- Any other expenses which are not specified in the package inclusion. individual itinerary shared via email by us.
- Expense of personal nature such as laundry, entry fee, All Entry Fee mini bar etc.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- If your cancellation request is made at least 24 hours in advance of the booking date (date shown in the confirmation email), you will receive a full refund.
- If your cancellation request is made in less than 24 hours of the booking date (date shown in the confirmation email) may not receive a refund nor a transfer.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.