03 - 04 Hours
First Aid Kit
Why restrict the mutiny of 1857 to history books? Revisit the saga of the uprising of 1857 through the monuments that bore the brunt of the revolt and those that came up as a result of it. Take a walk down the memory lane and as you walk by various important structures related to the event considered as the First War of Independence with Delhi Walks learn more of the fascinating stories and incidents that took place. Experience how it assumed national importance with the participation of people from different sections of the society from all-over India. One way of going back 160 years to that tumultuous time is through the 1857 Mutiny Trail where you discover the physical aftermath of what took place.
There are landmarks related to the 1857 mutiny scattered all over the Northern Ridge that become windows to gauge into the events of that time. Join us on this walk through the earliest cantonment of the British, major part of which has been taken over by the Delhi University. Take a look with us what the old Circuit House has changed into today. There will be much more when we venture into the Northern Ridge which was fenced in as a reserved forest by the British.
Under the morning light or the setting sun, this walk is incredibly moving. The summer of 1857 shook the nation and the colonial rulers so violently that it called for a broad restructuring of the nation that was to be passed into English hands soon after. Walk with us through the ridge and let us fill your ears with the stories of the year 1857!
- 02:00 PM: Arriver at the meeting point and proceed towards Villimale
- Enjoy a public ferry ride from Malé to this beautiful island
- Experience the charms of Villimale
- Gain an insider’s perspective into the local way of ‘city’ life
- Head to a local cafe on the beach for a traditional Hedhikaa experience
- 06:00 PM: Return to the starting/ending point and disperse.
- Guided Tour
- Storytelling Experience
- Monument Charges
- Transport Charges
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Food etc
Know Before you go
Please carry your valid IDs at the time of the activity.
Carry your tour vouchers with you to verify your booking.
The activity is subject to cancellation in case of bad weather.
Things to Carry
Pick up points
- Meeting Point: Jetty 5 Male (opposite Bank of Ceylon)
- For an additional supplement, we can also offer hotel collections from hotels in Malé and Hulhumale.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
Q. Entrance charge is included?
Entry charges of the places are not included in the package.
Q. Is this a group tour?
A. Yes! This is a group tour
- If your cancellation request is made at least 24 hours in advance of the booking date (date shown in the confirmation email), you will receive a full refund.
- If your cancellation request is made in less than 24 hours of the booking date (date shown in the confirmation email) may not receive a refund nor a transfer.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.