English, Telugu, Hindi
Visakhapatnam, also commonly known as Vizag, is one of the oldest port cities in the country. Situated in the heart of Andhra Pradesh, Visakhapatnam is known for its picturesque beaches and serene landscape, as well as its rich cultural past, which makes it an ideal spot for a fantastic coastal vacation. The port of Visakhapatnam is renowned for being home to the oldest shipyard in all of India, and with a plethora of manmade wonders and natural spectacles, Visakhapatnam is a must-visit tourist destination in South India.
Throughout the day you will be taken to a variety of tourist sites including - the Simhachalam Temple, Kailash Giri, and Kali Mata Temple. The Visakha Museum and Submarine Museum, The Ramanaidu Film Studio, The Rishikonda Beach and Ramakrishna Beach, and lastly, the Tenatti Park.
- Our representative will pick up you from the hotel or home anywhere in city limits
- Simhachalam Temple: Begin your enthralling one-day Vizag tour with the visit to the auspicious Simhachalam Temple. As indicated by the name Simhachalam which means lion hill, the sacred place of worship is located above the hills of Simhachalam Konda. This classical piece of architecture dating back to the 11th century enshrines Sri Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, a manifestation of Lord Vishnu. The gracious temple is one of the eighteenth Narasimha Kshetras with the image of Lord Narasimha appearing in the tribhanga posture having two hands with the head of a lion on a human torso. Noteworthy features of the temple are the Kappasthamba and Natyamandapam. Tourists would admire the Kalyanamandapam supported with 96 black stone pillars that are adorned with beautiful carvings.
- Ramanaidu Film Studio: Step in the revered Ramanaidu Film Studio the next stop of our inspiring one-day Visakhapatnam local sightseeing tour to get an insight into the stories of the legendary stars. Encircled with green hills on one side and the invigorating sea on the other side, Ramanaidu Film Studio is a must-see sight, especially for movie fanatics. Retrace the footsteps of the stars and learn about what happens behind the camera lens as you walk through the Museum of Cinemas. Spanning over an area of 35 acres, it provides an introduction to the filmmaking process. Learning about how movie magic is done excites all visitors. Museum of Cinema is the key attraction of the studio that houses varied movie-making equipment including halogen lights, ultrasonic cleaners, winders, and silent cameras.
- Rishikonda Beach: Head forward with our one-day fun-filled Visakhapatnam local sightseeing tour, to the spectacular Rishikonda beach that is beautifully set along the coast of the Bay of Bengal. More prominent as the Jewel of the East Coast, travelers often flock to the beach for the stunning sunsets and enjoying the iconic stretches of sand. Vivid blue turquoise waters and striking white sand with the dramatic green hills around them make it a perfect beach to visit. Tourists can engage themselves in activities like swimming, Scuba diving, snorkeling, jet-skiing, and windsurfing at additional costs.
- Kailash Giri: One of the most favorite sightseeing spots visited with our one-day Vizag local sightseeing tour is the Kailasagiri, a well-manicured park perched at a height of 360 feet above sea level. Well maintained by the Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region Development Authority the park is spread over 300 acres of land featuring an amazing statue of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. The Toy train proffers breathtaking views of the surroundings as visitors take a circular trip of the garden. An attractive draw of the garden is the floral clock with a diameter of 10 feet. Tourists engage themselves in paragliding amidst the serene atmosphere. An array of viewpoints gives a glimpse of picturesque views that delights every visitor. A key attraction of the park is the Shanku-Chakra names of Lord Venkateswara of Tirupati.
- Tenatti Park: Move ahead to the fabulous Tenatti Park with our one-day Visakhapatnam tour and get immersed in the tranquillity and immense beauty of the splendid place. Tourists can enjoy splendid views as the Park is situated facing the Bay of Bengal. A rejuvenating park that has been named after the well-known freedom fighter Tenneti Viswanadham is one of the oldest parks of the city.
- Visakha Museum: Travel back in time and get introduced to the rich history and culture of the port city as our one-day Vizag city local sightseeing tour takes you to the famed Visakha Museum which accommodates a rich collection of artifacts. Exhibits include ancient armories like armor suits, spear stands, revolvers, daggers, swords, muzzle loading guns, steel bows, and handguns. It also houses a 250lb shell bomb that was dropped by the Japanese during World War II and the coconut that was used for the inauguration of the first ship named the S.S Jale Usha by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Visitors can view the old crockery, coins, portraits, letters, periodicals, diaries, manuscripts, maps, jewelry, stuffed animals, and silk costumes. This impressive museum also displays the desk used by the father of the nation and his photographs taken during his stay in Nikitam House in Visakhapatnam. Key attractions include models of planes, warships, submarines, the route of Vasco-da-Gama’s maiden voyage to India, and a searchlight reflector. It reflects the history of Indian vast Maritime heritage. People would be delighted to view the ship models of INS Visakhapatnam, INS Sumedha, and INS Kamorta. Tourists would find it very informative as they walk through the aviation section that displays the aircraft models like Chetak and Kamov and the maritime-themed souvenirs.
- Submarine Museum: Explore the life of warriors with the visit to the Submarine Museum located on the RK Beach near the War Memorial in Vizag. It accommodates several pictures and valuable artifacts giving an opportunity to its visitors to learn about the sacrifice and strength of the warriors and the history of the submarine. INS Kurusura Submarine is a USSR class I-641 submarine commissioned in December 1969. A fifth submarine of the country after serving the country for 31 years was decommissioned in February 2001 and converted as a museum. Stretching over a length of 91.3 meters the submarine holds 22 torpedoes, 3 diesel engines, and 448 batteries. It has three shafts each with a six-blade propeller.
- Kali Mata Temple: Continuing our exciting voyage tourists would be taken to the revered Kali Mata temple located just 2kms from RK Beach. This magnificent temple was constructed in 1984 with a strong foundation going eight feet below the road level. The magnificent temple built with a skeletal structure of a coral enshrines goddess Kali, the destroyer of evil. A wonderful stone-cut arch at the entrance greets the visitors to the sacred place of worship. Its tall pillars and beautiful arches exude admiration.
- Ramakrishna Beach: One of the prominent sightseeing spots visited with our one-day Visakhapatnam local sightseeing tour is the famed Ramakrishna Beach. Maintained by the Municipal Corporation of Visakhapatnam and Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority, the long beach lies facing the Bay of Bengal. Visitors throng to the beach to witness the magical sunsets. It also has a war memorial built in honor of the soldiers of the 1971 war named the Victory at Sea. Boating, sunbathing and beach volleyball are few activities that tourists can engage themselves in.
- Pick and drop from Home / Hotel in Vizag
- Selected Cab for Vizag sightseeing as per the above Itinerary
- Vehicle Parking Charges
- Toll-gate Charges if any
- Driver Batta
- Entry Ticket Fee at tourist places in Vizag
- Breakfast, Lunch, or any meal
- Lodging / Accommodation in Vizag
- Vehicle beyond the mentioned time duration
- Vehicle beyond the designated tour route
Know Before you go
- Entrance fees of places and museums are not included in the package.
- Meals are not included in the package price.
Things to Carry
- Valid ID proofs
- Personal Medications (if any).
Pick up points
Pickup & Drop: Visakhapatnam Hotel / Home
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email with the booking confirmation voucher that can also be viewed on the Explorebees app and website, in the 'my-bookings' section under your profile.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.