Effective date: January 11, 2019
explorebees ("us", "we", or "our") operates the https://www.explorebees.com website (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Date of Birth
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
The categories of personal information we collect
- Platform information: When you visit the Platforms, we may collect information from you. Some of it may be personal information. This information can include search history, IP address, screen resolution, browser used, operating system and settings, access times and referring URL. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your device, your settings, and your location.
- Booking information: If you make a booking on our website or within our mobile applications, we may automatically create a 'Booking' account for you, which will give you access to our 'Booking' service, where we will collect your travel information to create and maintain your travel itineraries. This information can include your name (and traveler’s name, if different), age, birthday, gender, passport number, redress control number, email address, telephone number, credit card information, billing address, itinerary, and frequent flyer details. You can also choose to store personal information in your user account for future bookings.
- Account information: If you choose to register, we will collect your email address, password, home airport, and other preference information you provide us. If you use a third-party service, like Facebook Login, to register or sign in, you are permitting us to use and store that information related to the account.
- Consumer support: If you choose to contact our consumer support services, we will collect any inquiries, complaints or other information that you may submit to our support team.
- Promotional information: If you choose to participate in a sweepstake, contest or similar campaign, we will collect any information you provide in relation to such activity, such as photos, images, captions or other content, in accordance with the terms provided at that time.
When you give us personal information, you are telling us that the information is true, accurate, complete and current. You are also telling us that you have the authorization to provide it to us.
We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
explorebees uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer care and support.
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service.
- To monitor the usage of the Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in the following ways:
Improving our services: To provide for you and improve our Platforms and services, to better understand the users of our Platforms and services, and to protect our property and to prevent damage to them.
Bookings: We and our travel partners use your personal information to process your bookings and store your itinerary information where applicable.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- If you are located outside India and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to India and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
explorebees may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of explorebees
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How we share your personal information
- Corporate affiliates and change of control: We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates, and if EXPLOREBEES itself (or part of its business) is sold or otherwise changes control, owners would have access to your personal information for the uses set out herein.
- Service providers: We may share your personal information with suppliers who perform services on our behalf and have agreed in writing to protect and not further disclose your information.
- Payment service providers and travel vendors: If you book through the Platforms, we may share your personal information with the payment service providers and the travel vendors with which you have booked. This can include online travel agencies, hotels, airlines, car rental companies, and travel insurance providers. These third parties will process your personal information as data controllers in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you contact our consumer support, they may need to share information about your request with the relevant travel vendor in order to assist you.
- Business partners: We may share your personal information with various business partners. Some of these business partners may use your personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes or to offer you services or products that may interest you. We may also share your information as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. For example, if you provide information to enter a sweepstake, we may share your information with promotional partners. We may also share anonymous aggregated usage information with partners.
- Booking shared by you: If you use or have itineraries as part of our Booking service, you can send or grant access to your itinerary to anyone you choose. Your itinerary may contain enough details (for example, booking reference codes) to allow the recipient to cancel or modify your booking, perform a check-in, etc. You should only share your itinerary with people you trust. Please also read the detailed Bookings FAQ. If you choose to display your itinerary on publicly-viewable web pages (Facebook, for instance), that information may be collected and used by others.
- Information shared in public: If you provide us with a review of your booking, you authorize us to publish it on all our Platforms under the screen name you provided. You also authorize us to aggregate it with other reviews.
- Authorities: We may disclose personal information if required by law (e.g., to law enforcement or other authorities). This includes court orders, subpoenas, and orders arising from legal processes, and administrative or criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal information if the disclosure is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or to prevent other damage, or in response to legal action or to enforce our rights and claims.
We may also share anonymous aggregated usage information with others
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Our Advertising Partners
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address provided below in the "How you can contact us" section.
Your rights with respect to personal information
Before contacting EXPLOREBEES for any request you may have, note that you can manage your account settings in the 'My Account' page on EXPLOREBEES. You can also delete your account by clicking here at any time. Your rights:
- Access: You are entitled—at any time—to obtain information about your personal information that we store, in accordance with applicable law and without any fee. However, in exceptional cases, we ask you to pay a reasonable fee before we provide the information if permitted by applicable law.
- Rectification: You may request that we rectify any of your personal information that is incomplete or incorrect.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete your account.
- Objection: You may object, at any time, to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Restrictions of processing: You may ask us to cease processing of your personal information (e.g., if you have objected to the processing and the existence of legitimate ground is still under consideration).
- Data portability: If applicable, you may request that we send you your Bookings in a commonly-used and machine-readable format, which shall be decided on in EXPLOREBEES’s sole discretion.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on such consent before it was withdrawn.
We may request proof of your identity before acting upon any request. We may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in some cases (e.g., if your personal information is connected with personal information of other persons or for legal reasons). In such cases, we will provide you with an explanation of why you cannot obtain this information. We may also deny your request for deletion or rectification of your personal information due to statutory provisions, especially those affecting explorebees's accounting, processing of claims, and mandatory data retention, which may prohibit deletion or anonymization.