Culinary, Food and Wine tour
Early mornings at Old Delhi (Purani Dilli) are a tranquil affair. A stroll across these nearly deserted lanes will take you back in time. It is a fascinating experience to observe the unusually quaint and serene morning scenes at an otherwise chaotic marketplace and when it is teamed up with mouth-watering food and this wondrous exploration transmutes into an indelible experience.
The early morning food walk is curated in such a way that it covers all those special dishes which are only available during breakfast and brunch hours of the day.
We will start the walk from the by lanes of Asia's biggest wedding card and paper wholesale market. Over here, we will dig into a unique combination of Bedmi poori, Nagori Halwa and Chole Kulche, which are popular delicacies of Northern India.
From here, we will head to the area around the majestic Jama Masjid, one of the biggest Mosques in India. Since the area is dominated by the Muslim community we try authentic Mughal breakfast dishes like Nihari and Paaya with traditional bread-like Khameeri roti and Sheermal.
After the soul-satisfying meal, we will hop on a tuk-tuk to reach Asia's biggest spice market where you can have a look at the mind-boggling variety of both local and exotic spices. Hundreds of traders and buyers throng this marketplace place for trading spices. The market is adjacent to the Fatehpuri Mosque, whose view can be enjoyed from the rooftop that also provides a panoramic view of Old Delhi. This mesmerizing experience will be followed by a small chai break.
Next, we will explore some of the most historic food joints of Chandni Chowk where we will try dishes like Chole-Bhature, Lassi, and delectable authentic Indian sweets from one of the oldest shops located in Chandni Chowk for over a century. Last but not the least, we will end our memorable food tour by visiting the Sikh place of Worship called the Gurudwara.
- Morning at 0930hrs pick up from your hotel in Delhi and then proceed to experience the Old Delhi food tour with our experienced tour guide.
- Later in afternoon around 1430hrs, you will drop back to your hotel.
- Pick up and drop off is from Delhi hotel.
- Street food tasting at different famous shops of Old Delhi.
- Water bottles.
- English speaking guide.
- Driver allowance, toll taxes, fuel charges and parking.
- Govt. Of India taxes as per current module.
- Accommodation in Delhi.
- Camera fees.
- Tips, Gratuities.
Know Before you go
- Experience to explore the traditional Indian street food.
- Get a chance to see the unique architecture of Old Delhi.
- Walk around through narrow lanes to see the colourful market.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- If your cancellation request is made at least 24 hours in advance of the booking date (date shown in the confirmation email), you will receive a full refund.
- If your cancellation request is made in less than 24 hours of the booking date (date shown in the confirmation email) may not receive a refund nor a transfer.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.