Culinary, Food and Wine tour
First Aid Kit
The unique culture and cuisine of Delhi display a generous blend of diverse influences. Our rich regional cuisines with time have interacted and influenced each other in a way, giving rise to new flavors and cuisines. The glorious historical past of Delhi impacted its food no less. The cuisines of Delhi saw Hindu-Rajput, Bania, Kayastha, Turkish, Arabic, Perian and Mughal influences due to the culturally diverse emperors that ruled Delhi over the centuries. The influence of Mughal food had the longest influence, so much so that Mughal cuisine and Indian cuisine became synonymous. Due to its vibrant food tradition- both non-vegetarian and vegetarian, delicacies and street food Delhi ranks as the gastronomical of India.
Our team of city explorers is unsurpassed in knowledge and ensures that your walking tour exceeds your expectations. We at Delhi Walks would be delighted to be of assistance in planning and executing all your sightseeing requirements.
For the best street food experience visit Old Delhi. It offers a wide range of varieties. The famous paranthewali gali and lanes of narrow lanes of Old Delhi offer the best-stuffed bread deep-fried in ghee, sweets, chaat, chole bhature, jalebi, rabdi etc. Chole bhature, jalebi and warm milk are preferred breakfast. The Jama Masjid area is ideal for mouth-watering and tasty non-vegetarian delicacies like mughlai, kebabs, tandoori items and Mughal sweetmeats at Ghantewala Sweet etc. From Aaloo-Gobi to bhindi-Karela to meva-rabdi you can find everything in this exotic area of Delhi. Since Delhi is a cultural hub there nothing that you will not find here. If you begin with Old Delhi or Purani Dilli you may indulge yourself in exquisite street foods with a variety of dishes that you can choose from. In fact there are exclusive lanes dedicated to food in this part of Delhi.
The exclusive lanes dedicated to food has its own range of cuisines. You can Nehari at Bismillah and Afghani pulao and green tea at Pathanwadi. Kulle, a unique chaat made by scooping out the centre of a tomato, banana, cucumber or sweet potatoes and filled with chickpeas, pomegranate, lemon juice, and spices; sandwiches, samosas, tikkis, golgappas, papri chaat, and tikkis are the all-time favorite of Old Delhi. The Kebabs and biryanis from Pandara Road, sweetmeats and chaats from the Bengali market are worth mentioning. Delhi has something to offer every food-lover. Whether you want to spend your evening dining in an elite boutique restaurant near Connaught Place, Chanakyapuri, Qutub Minar, Khan Market, GK I and II, Defence colony or Hauz Khas or a simple exotic meal at a roadside jam-packed “dhabas” Delhi is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Above all, Mughlai cuisine has the highest demand among outsiders and Delhiites. Mughlai- a cuisine borrowed from the Mughals who ruled Delhi in medieval times is pretty popular in Delhi, North India and the world for its spicy flavor and aroma.
- Chawadi Bazar,
- Chandni Chowk,
- Spice Market,
- Kucha Pati Ram,
- Kinari Bazar,
- Khari Baoli (All in Old Delhi)
- 10-15 dishes from 10-12 food joints.
- Equal to a meal plus snacks.
- Tips and gratitude (Optional)
Know Before you go
A food tour through crowded markets of Old Delhi, this food walk will help you taste the best street food available in Delhi from some of the oldest food places in the city.
Things to Carry
- Water bottle
- medication if needed
Pick up points
Meet up point: Chandani Chowk Metro station.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- Cancellations made 72 Hrs (date shown in the confirmation email) or more in advance of the booking date will receive a 100% refund of the total amount of the booking.
- Cancellations made within 48 - 72 Hrs will incur 50% of the total amount of the booking.
- Cancellation requests made within 24 hours of the booking date may not receive a refund nor a transfer.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.