English, Telugu, Hindi
First Aid Kit
Araku Valley is a hill station in Visakhapatnam. It is a beautiful valley in the Eastern Ghats inhabited by different types of tribes and is one of the less commercialized tourist destinations in South India. Valley is located 114 km from Vishakhapatnam, close to the Orissa state border.
Araku, an enticing hill station offers enlivening viewpoints, imposing waterfalls, and lush green coffee plantations. Hairpin bends and jaw-dropping natural treasures draw several visitors. Navigating through the serpentine hill roads amidst the jagged peaks is itself an exhilarating experience. Discover the iconic landmarks with our one-day Vizag to Araku tour by private car.
- Morning proceeds to Araku Valley from Visakhapatnam pickup from your hotel or home in the city limits.
- Padmapuram Gardens: Kick start your fantastic journey with a visit to the inspiring Padmapuram Gardens. Tourists would be enlightened with the impressive variety of foliage. Situated at a distance of 2.5km from Araku bus station, the garden features hanging cottages which are built at a height of ten feet above ground level. Spanning over an area of 26 acres of land, the spectacular garden has an exotic variety of flowers and orchids. Visitors would be delighted to take a stroll through the spectacular rose garden.
- Tribal Museum: Take a voyage back to a time with the visit to the Tribal Museum one of the key attractions of Araku. Be amazed at the rich collection of artefacts that includes clay figures of tribal people, hunting tools and kitchen utensils. The section that displays the attire of tribal people belonging to the northern part of Andhra Pradesh and the traditional handicrafts is a must-see section. Set within a red building made of mud and metals, the museum portrays village panchayat, market and agricultural activities. Noteworthy displays are the tribal jewellery, musical instruments and masks. It also accommodates a Tribal Arts and Crafts Centre that features several exhibitions and workshops for the promotion of tribal art and craft.
- Ananthagiri Coffee Plantations: One of the best attractions of the day trip to Araku tour is the visit to the Ananthagiri Coffee Plantations. A must-visit for the coffee connoisseurs, these inspiring coffee plantations are spread over the Ananthagiri Hills and serve as a major source of income for the Araku tribal people. It boasts of being the first producer of organic coffee in India. Travellers would be hooked up with the aroma of one of the most favourite brews in the world, the pleasant climate and the breathtaking surroundings at Ananthagiri.
- Galikonda Viewpoint: Visitors would appreciate the spectacular views of the city as the one day Vizag to Araku tour takes them to the iconic sightseeing spot called the Galikonda View Point. Nature lovers would be mesmerized to view the iconic natural panorama. Standing at a height of 4320 feet above sea level on the Eastern Ghats and viewing the austere beauty of the picturesque landscape is going to be a rewarding experience. A postcard-perfect viewpoint gives the sight of incredible scenery.
- Borra Caves: Head up to one of the largest caves of the country the Borra Caves, as the next stop of our one day Vizag to Araku tour. A landmark tourist destination also known as Borra Guhalu was discovered by British geologist William King in 1807. Scramble your way through the one million-year-old limestone caves set at an elevation of 705 m above sea level for an unforgettable journey. An underground world of admiration, Borra Caves is a must-visit and is filled with stalagmite and stalactite formations featuring Shiv Parvathi, Tiger, Mother-Child, Cows udder, Human Brain, Crocodile and Rishi’s Beard.
- Katiki Waterfalls: End your exciting one day Vizag to Araku trip with the visit to another marvel of nature, the gorgeous Katiki Waterfalls. These are some of the most magnificent waterfalls of Araku that is formed by the river Gosthani originating from the Borra caves. The incredible 50 feet high waterfalls is one of the most attractive sights of Araku
- Pick and drop from Home / Hotel in Visakhapatnam
- Selected Cab for Araku sightseeing from Vizag as per the above Itinerary
- Vehicle Parking Charges
- Toll-gate Charges if any
- Driver Batta
- Local Jeep from check-post to Katiki waterfall
- Entry Ticket Fee at tourist places in Araku Valley
- Breakfast, Lunch, or any meal
- Lodging / Accommodation in Araku Valley
- Vehicle beyond the mentioned time duration
- Vehicle beyond the designated tour route
Know Before you go
- Please note that for Katiki Waterfalls the cab can only take you until the check-post. From check-post, you have to hire a local Jeep (at your own expense) to reach the waterfall. It is at a distance of 7kms from the check-post.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email with the booking confirmation voucher that can also be viewed on the Explorebees app and website, in the 'my-bookings' section under your profile.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.