English, Kannada, Hindi
First Aid Kit
Live through a day in the life of a Mysorean by exploring the city of Mysuru through its rich traditions, myths, legends, and fun experiences. On the Mysuru in a Nutshell tour, you can choose to be driven in the comforts of a car or choose the local way of hopping on and off a tuk-tuk. Challenge yourself as you take a hike up Chamundi hills early in the morning, followed by an introductory session of yoga, and scrumptious breakfast at an old-timer’s joint. Be ready to soak in all things Mysuru through a market walk, not forget the grand Amba Vilas Palace.
Sri Nandi Temple, Chamundi Hill Road Chamundi Hill
- Witness the statue of bull Nandi, Vahana or "Vehicle" of Lord Shiva, which is 4.9m tall and 7.6m long and carved out of a single piece of black granite. Experience a session of meditation and a short introduction to yoga.
Chamundeshwari Temple, Chamundi Hill
- Climb up an ancient stone stairway (1008 steps) of Chamundi hill to Chamundeshwari temple. Get a morning view of the city from atop the hill and learn about the history of Mysuru.
Hotel Original Vinayaka Mylari,
- Feast on a famous local delicacy "Mylari dosa" at this old-timers favorite eatery.
- Dating from Tipu Sultan’s reign, this huge and very lively bazaar has local traders selling traditional items such as flower garlands, incense, spices, and conical piles of vermilion, all of which make for some great photo ops. There's a large fruit and vegetable section too.
- The most imposing and majestic building in Mysuru is The Mysuru Palace also called Amba Vilas Palace, which is the focal point of the city. It is a historical palace and a royal residence at Mysore in the Indian State of Karnataka. It is the official residence of the Wadiyar dynasty and the seat of the Kingdom of Mysore. Take a guided walk through the Amba Vilas Palace.
KSIC SILK WEAVING FACTORY
- Witness the unique art of silk weaving at the largest silk weaving unit in the state.
Mysore Sandal Soap Factory Outlet,
- A visit to Mysore Sandal soap factory. This soap has been manufactured since 1916 in factories, which was set up by the Kings of Mysuru.
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned
- Snacks and food as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Hotel Original Vinayaka Mylari
- Entry/Admission - Chamundeshwari Temple
- All taxes
- Local English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Mysuru Palace
- Transport starting from the start point and back
- Tips (optional)
Know Before you go
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- Cancellations made 72 Hrs (date shown in the confirmation email) or more in advance of the booking date will receive a 100% refund of the total amount of the booking.
- Cancellations made within 48 - 72 Hrs will incur 50% of the total amount of the booking.
- Cancellation requests made within 24 hours of the booking date may not receive a refund nor a transfer.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.