Kannada, Hindi, English
Plan magnificent palaces tour to Mysore, the city which is known as the "cultural capital of South Karnataka" with the essence of royalty. Amble through the royal lanes of Mysore and experience the grandeur of a bygone era. This 4-hour hop-on and the hop-off walking tour start near the Town Hall at around 09:30 am. Make sure to gather yourself on time at the starting point.
From the Mysore Town Hall, visit the Amba Vilas Palace, also known as the Mysore Palace. Built in the 14th century, it is the official residence of the Wodeyar dynasty and is also one of the major tourist spots in Mysore. After an amazing sight of the palace, the next destination is Jayalakshmi Vilas Mansion. Built-in 1905 by Chamaraja Wodeyar, the then Maharaja of Mysore, this historical building now houses the post-graduate departments of Mysore University. Carry forward your excitement for the next palace which is the Lalitha Mahal Palace that was built by Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV in 1921 for the royal stays of the Viceroy of India. The palace has now been converted into a five-star property under the flagship of Ashok Group of Hotels. With this, the walking trail will come to an end.
- To start your journey on exploring the historical palaces, gather yourself at Mysore Town Hall at sharp 9:30 AM.
- The walking trails begin from this destination offers you exciting sightseeing.
- The tour begins with departing from this destination and leading to Amba Villas Palace, known as Mysore Palace.
- Get amazing insights about this palace, which is one of the major tourist spots in Mysore, before heading to the next destination.
- The hidden secrets of the city are disclosed by the guide to give you complete highlights of the palaces.
- Head to the next destination which is Jayalakshmi Vilas Mansion, a perfect example of royalty.
- Some Palaces may charge money in the form of entrance fees, but don't worry, the fantastic view of the palaces provides you value for money.
- The next historical building is the Maharaja of Mysore, which now houses the postgraduate students from Mysore university.
- Soothe your gut with some water from water bottles as the walking trails continue for 4 hours.
- Get your senses fascinated by visiting the last spot which has now turned into a five-star property, Lalitha Mahal Palace.
- Follow complete instructions given by the guide as the walking trail comes to an end.
- Water bottle
- Entrance fee
Know Before you go
- Do pay heed to the instructions given by the guides.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products is strictly prohibited during this trip.
- Dress comfortably and conservatively, it is best to keep your shoulders and legs covered.
- Maintain a friendly environment with everyone.
- Carry all your stuff like medicines, mosquito repellent, etc.
- Do not try to do any negative actions.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- Cancellations made 72 Hrs (date shown in the confirmation email) or more in advance of the booking date will receive a 100% refund of the total amount of the booking.
- Cancellations made within 48 - 72 Hrs will incur 50% of the total amount of the booking.
- Cancellation requests made within 24 hours of the booking date may not receive a refund nor a transfer.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.