Wild life tour
English, Hindi, Kannada
First Aid Kit
Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary is located on the island town Srirangapatna of Mandya District surrounded by river Cauvery flowing from 4 sides of the town and popularly called an island town with historical temples and monuments. Ranganthittu was declared as a Bird sanctuary after the survey conducted by the ornithologist Dr. Salim Ali, who is honorably known as “father of Birds and birdman of India".
This place is home to many species of birds flying from corners of the globe for breeding in the small tiny islands formed by the flowing Cauvery River. Roughly there are about 175 species of Birds that nests here during monsoon and post-monsoon and this place is also called Pakshi Kashi of Karnataka.
It is a perfect offbeat place for the Visitors who like to spend their time sighting the birds alongside us and enjoy the time boating in the flowing waters of Cauvery to see the birds and their nests very closely nesting on the islands and also one spot many crocks in the water resting on the islands and mountain formations on the water.
The best time to visit this place is from October to March post-monsoon season to enjoy the bird watching and spending time in the sanctuary, the problem in monsoon is when the water currents will be very high as due to heavy rains water from the KRS dam flows through this place making it flooded and hence the boating will be temporarily stopped.
Birds that are commonly spotted here are partridges, white ibises, herons, spoonbills, and painted storks Which nest here for months and also you can see some seasonal birds of Africa which nest here to breed in the monsoon.
Also, there are many places nearby which is frequently visited by our clients for exploring the historical monuments and pilgrimage center’s like the historical Ranganatha Swamy Temple of ancient time, Nimishamba temple near to banks of River Cauvery, Tippu’s historical monuments and dooms, also you can visit the city of palaces-Mysore City.
- pickup from Bangalore
- on the way Breakfast
- Reach Ranganthitu
- start Activity
- Boat Ride to view Birds and Crocks
- Roam around the Sanctuary
- Have Lunch in-between at 2:00 PM
- Visit Gumbaz at Srirangapatna is a Muslim mausoleum at the center of a landscaped garden, holding the graves of Tippu Sultan, his father Hyder Ali, and his mother Fakhr-Un-Nisa.
- Have High Tea at 6 PM on the way
- Visit KRS DAM & Brindavan Gardens lies adjoining the Krishnarajasagara Dam which is built across the river Kaveri.
- Reach Bangalore by end of the day.
- Water Bottle
- All Meals
- All Activities
- Permission Fees
- Transportation from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Anything not mentioned in the Package Includes.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.