3 Days - 2 Nights
First Aid Kit
kolukkumalai Being the most astounding natural tea home on the planet, Kolukkumalai is extraordinary compared to other spots to have some tea and trek around. There is a tea production line building worked in 1930 where the tea is prepared generally.
The trek starts from Kurangani village at 3,800 Feet and continues up toward a grassland till a single pine tree which is a resting point before entering the forest. From here, the trail is steeply uninterrupted and traverses right into the forest. While hiking through this trail we get mesmerizing views of Kurangani hills and a cool breeze continuously hits our faces. Once we hit the forest we are completely covered with the jungle canopy all the way to Kolukkumalai. There are around forty to fifty hairpin bends we have to criss-cross throughout and the only way to reach our destination. As we hit the last stretch of the trek, the pine trees welcome us with a unique high-altitude environment with birds chirping around in the fog-covered tea estates.
Kolukkumalai is at 6,800 Feet above sea level and it has some excellent views of the far-off plains in the bordering state of Tamilnadu. It's a charming sight to witness the distant hills slipping in and out of the mist. After reaching the destination, we will relax for some time with little exploration around the tea gardens and head toward the camping site for an overnight stay in tents followed by a dinner and campfire.
Trekking to Kolukkumalai
- We start our journey towards Kolukkumalai hill world's highest organic tea plantations Camp by departing from Munnar.
- Start hike across plantations. 10-14kms one way.
- Reach the campsite fresh-up.
- Dinner is served along with a campfire.
Back to Munnar
- Time to wake up
- Witness the sunrise at kolukkumalai peak
- Breakfast time
- After breakfast, view the lion-faced rock
- hike back down and move to Munnar
- Transport from Munnar to Munnar
- Basic Veg Food
- Forest Permissions
- Sleeping Bags
- Anything not mentioned above.
Things to Carry
- PACK LIGHT, CARRY ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY
- Personal medication (if any)
- Sweaters (Suggested)
- Strong backpack (Preferably waterproof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.