2 Days | 1 Night
First Aid Kit
Mullayanagiri is a majestic mountain located in the Western Ghats. Named after Mullappa Swami Temple at the summit, Mullayanagiri is regarded as one of the best trekking spots in Karnataka and among the top tourist places in Chikmagalur. During the 3 km long trek to the peak, enjoy the beautiful vistas of the lush green forests and the route's rustic beauty. The splendid trekking experience in Chikmagalur is considered an easy level of difficulty, undertaken by beginners and first-timers, and avid trekkers looking for adventure!
During the Mullayanagiri Peak trek, you will be staying in camps on multiple sharing bases. Revel in the sheer joy of camping in the mountains, and enjoying a cozy bonfire, and swapping stories around it! You may also enjoy the comforts and luxuries of staying in dormitories on multiple sharing bases if the weather does not permit camping out in the wild. The route to the top is surrounded by lush green landscapes, meadows, enchanting water streams, and a massive variety of flora and fauna. Upon reaching the summit, you will be amazed to see the alluring views of the green Western Ghats, the setting sun, and the rising sun. It all will make you feel like you’re on top of the world.
OVERNIGHT JOURNEY FROM MYSURU TO MULLAYANAGIRI CAMPSITE
- Get picked up and start your overnight journey to Mullayanagiri Campsite.
TREK TO MULLAYANAGIRI PEAK
- Reach Campsite of Mullayanagiri Trek Chikmagalur and freshen up
- After some quick safety instructions from the trek leader, you are ready to go! The trek will be of about 3 km and can get slightly steep in certain parts. It will take about 2 hours to reach the peak.
- Head to the starting point of the trek to Mullayanagiri peak.
- Grab scrumptious packed lunch at Mullaynagiri Peak and gaze at the beautiful surroundings.
- Start a ridge hike to reach the forest check post and traverse through some amazing rugged trails
- Upon reaching the Mullayanagiri Peak, revel in the peace and stillness of the mountains as you enjoy your packed lunch. Explore the surrounding areas before starting for the Jhari falls!
- Head to Jhari falls to rejuvenate after a tiring trek
- After the trek, the roaring waterfall will wash all your tiredness away! Take a dip in the cool, clear water before heading back to the campsite.
- Head back towards the campsite
- Enjoy a warm Bonfire session in the evening and relax after a tiresome day.
- Get Served with Dinner and satisfy your hunger.
- Retire for the night with an overnight stay at tents or dormitories
DEPARTURE TO MYSURU
- Wake up early morning after the first day of Mullayanagiri trekking
- Grab a scrumptious Breakfast to satisfy your hunger.
- Explore Dattapeeta or go for a local sightseeing session.
- Depart and reach Mysuru by 10:30 PM (Approx) and end your Mullayanagiri trek Chikmagalur experience.
- Meals for the relevant period.
- Transport from Bangalore to base camp.
- Trekking expert and guide.
- Camping gear for the stay!
- Gear and equipment for all the adventure activities.
- All relevant licenses and permits.
- Forest expert and guide.
- Food during transit to and from the base camp – The trek fee does not include meals purchased during the drive to Jobra or return from Chhatru.
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from inclusions
Know Before you go
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Day 2
- Packed Lunch on Day 1
- Dinner on Day 1
- Transportation to and fro from Bangalore
- Non-AC vehicle and the size of the vehicle depends on the number of people traveling
- Do not litter here and there. Keep the surrounding neat, clean and green. Keep the trash in your backpack and take it back with you.
- Harm no animals and plants.
- The decisions of the trek leader are final.
- Do not wander off on your own. Follow the instructions of your trek leader.
- Carry minimum weight and please take care of your luggage.
- Smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited. Keep your body hydrated throughout the trek.
- Carefully follow the safety instructions of the trek leader.
- If you are suffering from Asthma, etc. you are advised to not undertake this adventure, but if you so decide, it is at your own risk.
- Carry warm clothes irrespective of the season. The weather there is unpredictable.
- Consult your physician before you undertake this trek.
- Inform your family members before you start this trek. On the route and the top, you will get no networks.
- Do not play loud music on the way or the top. Many people go there to find peace, not to see your party-animal side. Use headphones instead and let there be peace in the mountains.
Things to Carry
- Water bottle
- Hiking shoes
- Extra pair of socks
- Warm, comfortable shoes. Preferably trekking shoes- Water-resistant with good ankle support
- Sneakers- as an extra
- Warm clothes. Irrespective of the season. The weather there is not constant and is always changing
- Backpack or haversack. Also a backpack cover and umbrella
- A change of clothes. And an extra bag to keep the wet clothes
- Medical kit including pain reliever and water purification tablets
- Essential IDs like Voter ID, Adhar card, etc. You do not know when you may need them
- Sunscreen, lip balm, UV protection cream, body lotion, a small bottle of shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, body wash, etc.
- Summer hat, monkey cap, and sunglasses
- Waterproof windcheater
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Trekking gears like a sleeping bag and tent and mattress
- Trekking pole- must bring
- A camera with extra memory cards and batteries
- Water bottle (2 to 3 liters)
- Cash- It is always necessary to carry some cash, as you may not find any ATMs nearby.
- Eatery supplements and munching items like chips, chikki, etc.
- Any necessary toiletries like body wipes, hand wipes, toilet paper, etc.
- Swiss knife- a multi-purpose toolset
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- Cancellations made 72 Hrs (date shown in the confirmation email) or more in advance of the booking date will receive a 100% refund of the total amount of the booking.
- Cancellations made within 48 - 72 Hrs will incur 50% of the total amount of the booking.
- Cancellation requests made within 24 hours of the booking date may not receive a refund nor a transfer.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.