First Aid Kit
Kunti Betta Trek is a 2882 feet high slope it is one of the most renowned and thrilling trekking encounters one can experience near Mysore. Kunti Betta is two rocky hills surrounded by sugarcane, paddy fields & coconut trees in the Pandavapura of Mandya District which is 30 km from Mysore and 125 km away from Bangalore. Legend has it that Pandavas from Mahabharata and their mother Kunti dwelled in the caverns of this hill during the time of their exile. The hillock was Kunti's preferred spot as she invested a great deal of her time here; consequently, the mountain is named Kunti Betta. At the head of the slope is a utensil molded stone and a stone pestle, where it is said she used to prepare and granulate food, hence this hill is otherwise called Onake Betta ( Onake implies pestle in Kannada). These slopes were previously called 'French Rocks' as the French armed force who had helped Tipu Sultan in his war against the British utilized this spot as their outdoor ground. The Pandavas have finished their 12-year long exile here. Therefore the town is named 'Pandavapura'.
The Kunti Betta trail is a short but fairly technical one. It includes steep ascents and descents (some rock faces require rope aid for the inexperienced trekker). Traversing first up and over a hillock and then all the way up Kunti Betta, you constantly have the Thonnur Lake in view. The terrain consists of volcanic granite rock and boulders, with brief stretches of moorland (short grass, shrubby trees, and bush). You know you are at the summit when you see the Stone pillar. Great views of surrounding fields, hillocks, and the Thonnur lake, make the Stone pillar the perfect viewpoint. If on a night trek, there are spots sheltered from the high winds by boulders that are great for lighting a campfire.
KUNTI BETTA TREK
- Leave from Bangalore at 6:30 AM ( Day 0 )
- Reach The Base and Rest for a while
- Start the trek at 10:30 AM ( approx )
- Reach the Top
- Explore and Try out Challenges
- Descend and reach the base by 4 PM (approx)
- Head to the town for a sumptuous breakfast
- Reach Bangalore by 8:00 PM ( approx)
- Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Breakfast and 1 Packed Lunch - All meals included will be Veg
- To and fro transport from Mysore ( Non A/c )
- Karnataka Forest Department Entry Fees
- Experienced Local Guide
- Basic First-Aid support
- Certified Instructor
- Any meals not included above
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of insurance
Know Before you go
- Trek gradient: Easy to Moderate. It is a fabulous trek for beginners. The trail passes through the rocky boulders, grasslands, and granite outcrops
- Approximate time: 2 to 3 hours to complete this trek.
- Trekking distance: 4 km up and down
- Everyone must get their photo ID cards - like Aadhar or Driving License!
- Start trek after an easy warm-up
- Optional swimming with life jackets
- For safety purposes, this activity is not recommended for women who are more than 3 months pregnant, anyone that has had major surgery, or has a broken leg/arm, has chronic back or neck pains, etc.
- We will follow the same bus route for pick up and drop points no diversion will be entertained
- We discourage the use of plastic on our treks
Things to Carry
- Personal medication (if any)
- One strong backpack
- Water bottles (enough to carry at least 2 liters of water)
- Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D, etc)
- Light-colored full arm clothes (preferable)
- Sports shoes (for better grip)
- Camera (Optional)
- Raincoat ( During monsoon )
Pick up points
- 06:30 AM - Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar 80ft Road
- 06.45 AM - Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Domlur
- 07.00 AM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.