First Aid Kit
Trekking to the Himalayas in India is an experience of a lifetime and a mélange of adventure and self-realization! You’ll not only discover some beautiful places, but you will rediscover yourself amidst the beauty of the majestic Himalayan ranges! Just remember it’s not about the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Every mountain is reachable if you just keep walking towards it. If your passion starts with adventure and trekking then this is the best way to get away from all that stress of noisy cities. Take the adventure of trekking to Sar Pass, a place that offers eternal beauty, tranquility, and adventure.
Take in the beauty of the enchanting vistas of Kasol and start walking towards Grahan Village through the verdant forest! The next day, the steeper trail into the forest will take you to the Nagaru Campsite. The enthralling views of Parvati Valley will leave you breathless. An early morning trek via Biskeri Thatch will take you to the magical Sar pass!
Day 01: Kasol to Grahan Village (2347m)
Distance/Duration - 7km / 4-5 Hours
Grade - Easy
Meet our team at the decided location in Kasol and start your exciting Sar pass trek! The easy trail towards Grahan village, which is frequently used by locals, will take you through pine forests. In a couple of hours, you will be able to cover much of the distance as the trail is easy to climb. After reaching the Grahan Nahal, the trail becomes rocky and steep. The locals say that the Rhododendron petals can be eaten whole and the syrup can be mixed with water to make a refreshing drink. You may definitely try that when in the Himalayas! The steep climb of an hour will take you to your destination for the day. Reach Grahan Village by evening and freshen up. Have your dinner and stay overnight in the camps.
Day 02: Grahan Village to Min Thatch (11,150ft)
Distance/Duration - 5km / 4-5 Hours
Grade - Easy
Start your trek towards the north of the camping ground at Grahan. You will bump into many locals on the way using the Min Thatch trail. After walking a little more, you will see the Min Thatch top, Nagaru top, and Sar top on the mountains. The trail will take you through the woods. Remember to stay with your group here as the trail becomes denser and a bit confusing. Cross the lush green forest and reach Min Thatch. Admire the Chanderkhani stretch and many more ranges from the campsite at Min Thatch. Have your dinner and stay overnight at the camps.
Day 03: Min Thatch to Nagaru (3810m)
Distance/Duration - 2km / 4-5 Hours
Grade - Moderate
Have your breakfast and trek through the pastoral forest covered with snow from Min Thatch to Nagaru. You will have to be careful on this trail as there are steep slopes and the snow will make the trek difficult here. After a relatively difficult trek for 4-5 hours, you will finally reach the Nagaru campsite. Enjoy the mesmerising vistas of magnificent mountains across the Parvati valley. See the small glittering lights of the Manikaran town as the night sets in. It gets extremely chilly in the evening. Stay overnight at the campsite.
Day 04: Nagaru to Biskeri Thatch (3353m) via Sar Pass
Distance/Duration - 6.5km / 6-8 Hours
Grade - Moderate
Rise and shine early morning to start your trek. Climb up through the snow trails and admire the dazzling peaks of Tosh Valley. After climbing for a few hours, you will reach the Sar Pass top (4222m). The exhilarating view from the top of Sar Pass will leave you spellbound! Spend some time there and take in the beauty of the place. Later, climb down towards Biskeri and enjoy the natural slide down to the valley.. The downhill slide is almost half a km and will provide you with an exhilarating adventure. Walk for an hour and cross some magical water streams to reach the Biskeri Thatch campsite by evening. Take a rest and have dinner. Stay overnight at the Biskeri Thatch campsite.
Day 05: Biskeri Thatch to Kasol via Barshaini
Distance/Duration - 5km Trek (4 Hours), 16km Drive (45 Minutes)
Grade - Easy
See the splendid views of lofty mountains and pine forests from Biskeri Thatch! Start trekking downhill through the dense forest, crossing a stream, and then reach Pulga. The twin villages Pulga and Tulga are separated by a stream. Cross the bridge on the Parvati River to reach the Barshaini Village. Your vehicle will be waiting for you there to drive you to Kasol. Your amazing trek to the Sar pass concludes here.
- Accommodation - From Day 01 to day 04, stay is provided in sharing tents. Toilet tents are pitched at every campsite.
- Meals - Veg/Jain food from Day 01 Lunch to Day 05 Breakfast
- Trekking Stick: Wooden trekking stick is provided.
- Professional and Certified guides.
- Forest permission/camping charges.
- Availability of portable oxygen cylinder
- Transportation from Barshaini to Kasol.
- 5% GST
- Transportation to reach Kasol
- Accommodation in Kasol - We recommend one night stay before the trek for acclimatization
- Travel insurance
- No Airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition
- Cost incurred due to any Emergency
- Personal Porter Charges
- Bottled water.
- Any personal expense.
- Cost escalation due to change in itinerary Natural reason of unforeseen conditions like Landslides, Road Blockage, Bad Weather, Social or Political Unrest, Strikes, sudden shut down of any govt office etc
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
1) What is the best season to visit Sar Pass?
The best time to trek to Sar Pass is from Mid-April to June. Early in the season, the amount of snow on the passes and even the trail is much more than the latter part of the season.
2) What is the required level of fitness for the trek?
Sar Pass Trek is moderate and having a decent level of fitness is important. The average number of hours spent trekking is around 6 to 7 and the trail is not so technical so anyone with little experience or even no experience can do this trek. Although, beginners are advised to prepare for a few weeks to gain the basic level of fitness.
3) What is the weather like during the open season?
The weather, during the day, remains mostly pleasant throughout the open season but it gets relatively cold during the evenings and early mornings. The temperature during the trek stays between 12 degrees Celsius and 20 degrees Celsius during the daytime. At night, the temperature can range anywhere between -2 degrees Celsius and 6 degrees Celsius. Early in the season, there’s always a possibility of snowfall so carrying an extra layer of thermals and a raincoat is extremely important.
4) Can we rent/buy equipment for the trek in Kasol?
Kasol is a popular destination for adventure travelers and acts as the base camp for the Sar Pass Trek. But being a small town, you may or may not find technical trekking equipment like shoes and trekking poles. It is advisable to bring the trekking gear with you before leaving for the base camp.
5) What makes Sar Pass an extremely popular trek?
Although Sar Pass is only open for a few months every year, its popularity is no less than any summer Himalayan trek. It also happens to be one of the few treks where there’s a lot of snow even in the months of April and May. Sar Pass also has a long natural snow slide between the Sar Top and Biskeri Thatch.
6) Can I reach Kasol on Day 2 and start the trek?
No, you need to spend at least one day in Kasol to get acclimatized before embarking on this Himalayan expedition. Starting the trek on the very first day of reaching the base camp will increase your chances of getting sick from Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS)
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.