5 Nights 6 Days
First Aid Kit
Kedarkantha Trekking is to reach the Kedarkantha peak in the mountain range of the Tons river valley. It is the most beautiful rounded peak and most sought-after snow trekking destination in India. Even in winter, a trek to Kedarkantha is possible as the trail path is through the dense forests and vast meadows. One will get soaked into the aura as we walk through the protected area of Govind national park. Our destination path is full of pictorial view nestled at the Kedarkantha height at 3810 meters above sea level covering a consolidated distance of 20 km — a delightful marvel for all trekkers with the verdant greenery, lush landscapes, myriad collection of flora, frozen ponds, to the sights of mesmerizing peaks. Himalaya Trekking hidden jewel the best winter season hike.
Dehradun – Sankri 8 hour drive
- The journey will start at 6.00 am from Dehradun Railway Station to Sankri and it will take around 9 hrs. We will drive via Dehradun and Mussoorie, alongside the Yamuna, and also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek. Overnight stay at Sankri.
Sankri Base Camp to Juda-ka-Talab - 4 Km (9100 Feet)
- Our trek commences from today for a distance of 4km. We will start our trek to Juda-ka-Talab by moving out of Sankri, towards Sor and upwards on an inclined road that moves parallel to a beautiful stream. We cross many babbling brooks amidst the dense forest, whilst walking on a lush carpet of maple and pine leaves. The sounds of the streams mingled with the Twitter of birds and the calls of the langur greet your eyes. Juda-ka-Talab is a pristine lake surrounded by pines. It is situated at a height of 9100 feet. Overnight stay in tents.
Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base – 2.5km (11200 Feet)
Today we start our trek to the Kedarkantha base camp which is at a height of 11,200 feet and is 2.5km away from Juda-ka-Talab. The distance can be covered at a leisurely pace post breakfast. We enter the beautiful forest once again and as we climb higher, the ridge gets steeper. As if to compensate for its steepness, the landscape is dotted with charming not meadows. We will reach the campsite by the afternoon. Overnight stay in tents.
Kedarkantha base camp to Kedarkantha Summit (3,810 m) and back to Hargaon (2,713 m)
- This is the day you’ve been working hard for! The trek from the base camp to the summit is not a long one. On reaching the summit, your jaw is going to drop and your eyes will not blink. The Kedarkantha summit is marked by an arrangement of stones with a Trishul that points to the sky. The summit offers an astonishing 360-degree view of the peaks of Uttarakhand and the Chaainsheel Pass and Kailash ranges of Himachal. From the top, you can also see the Har Ki Dun valley below. The story behind Kedarkantha is an interesting one. The name literally means the throat of Lord Shiva (Kedar refers to Lord Shiva and Kantha means Throat). The legend has it that this peak was supposed to be the original Kedarnath temple but Lord Shiva, who disguised himself as a cowhiding from the Pandavas was disturbed during meditation by the villagers. The interruption made him change his location from this peak to the present Kedarnath temple. We hike back to the base camp after spending a good time on the summit. Post lunch we head towards Hargaon (2 km trail). Hargaon is a large camping area en route to Sankri. An overnight stay is required before saying goodbye to the beautiful place.
Hargaon to Sankri
Today we head down to Sankri. It takes about 2-3 hours to finish this 4 km trek route of the day. For the rest of the day, you can explore the village of Sankri, which is known to be the heart of the Har Ki Dun valley, along with other villages like Gangad and Osla. Sankri is a typical “Pahari” village, with unbeatable hospitality offered by the locals. It is also the last road head to the Govind Ballabh Pant Wildlife Sanctuary
Sankri – Dehradun eight hours Drive
- We will check out after breakfast by 8 am and start our return journey towards Dehradun. We will reach Dehradun by evening. The glorious trek ends here.
- Transport support from Dehradun to Dehradun: Starting from a pickup on Day 1 to drop on Day 6
- All vegetarian meals starting from dinner on day 1 breakfast to day 6
- Professional guide, cook and support staff
- Rent for camping equipment
- Forest entry charges
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- Please note that personal luggage can be carried by mules and/or porters on a chargeable basis.
- Tented accommodation throughout the trek on a triple-sharing basis.
- Guesthouse accommodation on Day 1 and Day 5 on a triple sharing basis (INR 2000 extra for twin sharing)
- Transport to reach Dehradun from hometown and return
- Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls, etc.
- Any transport support during the trek other than those specified in Inclusions
- Accommodation in Dehradun.
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen events like bad weather, roadblocks, medical evacuation, etc.
Know Before you go
- Carry minimum weight it will save your physical efforts.
- The trails go through the forest so try to avoid any kind of activity which is against the law.
- The trekking area is an eco-sensitive zone so do not dispose of plastic waste without information. If it is urgent then ask your team leader/Guide/Group Leader.
- Do not litter here and there.
- If there is any kind of signboard or warning board read it carefully and follow the same written on it.
- Respect the rules made by an authority.
- Follow the group rules.
- The trek package has two variations - with transport and without transport.
- Alcohol and smoking are not allowed.
- Drugs and any kind of intoxicant are strictly prohibited. If someone is found with it then the trip will be cancelled immediately without any kind of refund.
- The decision of the trek leader will be final and binding.so follow the rules made and explained by him.
- Trek Leader has the responsibility of the whole group to make the journey enjoyable and safe so at kindly cooperate.
- Delays may occur due to weather conditions so in any case if there is any difficulty occurring due to this please have the patience and cooperation.
- Any person with health conditions like Asthma etc is advised not to go for this expedition. However, if they so decide, it is at their own risk.
- No matter how cold it is, do not wear thermals while trekking.
- Please take care of your own baggage.
- Consult a physician before embarking on the trek.
- If you opt for a homestay, treat the hosts with respect and communicate with them comfortably!
- Connectivity on this trek is not available so it will be better to inform your loved ones or relatives before ascending the trek from the base camp about the situation so they will not worry about you.
- Before renting any kind of trekking gear check it properly whether it is in working condition or not.
- Keep hydrated yourself with water but not in excess. Drink water sip by sip it will help to ascend the trek and avoid getting dehydrated.
Things to Carry
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woollen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho ( The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- BackPack 60 Ltrs (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.