Nature and Wildlife Safari
5 - 6 hours
First Aid Kit
Explore the most exquisite and thrilling Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari is an adventurous trip in Munnar. Kolukkumalai, known as the second-highest peak(8000ft) in South India, is very suitable for a jumpy, bumpy jeep safari ride that you can enjoy with all your family/friends! 4 Wheel drive Jeep pickup from Munnar Town. From Munnar town 35kms Journey. 10Kms Journey is an Off-road(rugged road) journey via tea plantations and forest areas. At the hilltop, you will get a splendid panoramic view of the tea estates and few villages of the Tamilnadu side. The breathtaking views from high altitudes with mist and clouds-covered peaks were wonderful!
Kolukkumalai Tea factory is the very old & world’s highest organic tea plantation garden. The factory itself is some 70+ years old and uses traditional techniques even today. Since leaves are plugged here and not cut, preserving the freshness of the plants. You can visit the orthodox tea factory and taste real organic tea.
- Jeep safari
- Professional driver / Guide
- Kolukkmalai Tea Factory Visit learn about tea making process from local staff
Know Before you go
- The journey starts from suryanelli at 5:00 am Explore the most exquisite and thrilling kolukumali Jeep safari .
- Kolukkumali hills are the world's highest organic tea plantation the world is very suitable for a bumpy Jeep safari ride that you can enjoy with all your friends.
- *Kolukkmali Jeep Safari 40km in an open Jeep will be a wonderful experience only if are a true nature lover and ready to take the bone-rattling drive up the hills. Will be able to witnesses the glorious beauty of the undulating tea gardens with Majestic mountains in the background
- Towards the end of the exciting trip, the last 10km will be really thrilling and challenging as the path has narrow and sharp curves.
- Munnar town 35kms Journey The route goes as Munnar, Devikulam, Chinnakanal, Suryanelli and then, KolukkumalaiIt is better to visit Chinnakanal and Devikulam a day before traveling to Kolukkumalai, and spend the evening at Suryanelli.
- Kolukkumalai is reachable only jeep or on foot across the mountains. Kolukkumalai is a heaven for nature lovers with a variety of flora and fauna endemic to the area and opportunities to walk up its slope for some spectacular scenery of the peaks and swirling clouds below.
- The trip through the rocks is bumpy and challenge, and it is not very fun, especially for seniors. However, you can get off the jeep while in the scenic beauty of the tea gardens surrounded by majestic mountains and feel the damp touch of fog and the passage of the plantations. It is an experience in itself. After one and half hours of bone-rattling trip you move toward across a get on Kolukkumalai Peak.
- The view from this place will literally take your breath away! The embrace of the foggy clouds makes you forget the painful jeep trip at the moment when it envelops you in your arms. It is beautiful at its peak with spectacular views of the distant plains in the border state of Tamil Nadu with Tamil Nadu on one side and Kerala on the other end. The cool breeze and pleasant weather will calm the mind and soul. You can spend some time observing the cloud-covered mountains that slide in and out of the fog and soaking in the greenery and the pleasant aroma that surrounds it.
- Consumption of Alcohol is strictly prohibited during this trip.
- Plastic Carry bags/cups. Do not litter & scatter plastics and bottles on the roads.
- Pregnant ladies, Weak hearted, Old people, Back pain person’s please avoid this trip.
Things to Carry
- Jackets/Sweaters, because weather is highly unpredictable.
- Cap, sunscreen, sunglasses, comfortable footwear.
- Water bottles, Lunch/Snacks – Best to buy from Munnar Town. At Kolukkumalai no shops/hotels.
Pick up points
Pickup is available from Munnar Hotels.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.