First Aid Kit
Heli-skiing in India with Himalaya Heli-Ski offers the combination of the cultural experiences associated with the intrigue of India, and heli-skiing in the Himalayas amongst mega peaks that offer amazing eye candy and hugely varied heliski terrain. The grandeur of Himalayan heli-skiing is inimitable.
Himalaya Heli-Ski (formerly Himachal Helicopter Skiing) has been in operation since 1990 and offers guided India heli-skiing in some of the world's most spectacular and exciting ski terrain in the Himalaya, with exceptional quality powder snow.
Based in the town of Manali in Himachal Pradesh in the very north of India, Himalaya Heli-Ski has grown to become an international state-of-the-art heli-ski operation. The international guides are highly qualified, the Swiss pilots are highly skilled and specialize in mountain flying, and the agile B3 helicopters owned by Air Himalayas are maintained by Swiss engineers. All of this combined makes this Manali heli-skiing outfit one of the safest heli operations in the world.
As with all heli-skiing, down days do occur when Mother Nature is dumping snow on the big mountains. One of the huge advantages of heli-skiing in India is that there are plenty of nearby activities for down days, après ski time, or non-skiing partners. Just walking around the local villages provides plenty of sensory overloads, or you can ride around the mountain roads on a motorbike, visit hot springs, little temples, Tibetan monasteries, and quirky art galleries, or shop till you drop at the Manali bazaar. Or the small Solang Ski Resort is sometimes fun on a stormy day. The HHS experience isn’t just about the amazing heli-skiing in the Himalayas, but also the cultural experience of interesting India.
- 30,500 meters of heli skiing with guide to guest ratio of 1:3 or 1:4
- 7 nights lodging in Manali, including all meals
- All transfers to/from Delhi International Airport & Delhi to Manali transfers via combo of air/land transport
- Avalanche transceiver, airbag, shovel and probe
- Free use of the Sauna, Steam Bath and Gymnasium at the Lodge Spa
- Use of skis and poles if required
- Local sightseeing and activities on down days
- Himachal State Government Heliski Royalty
- Central Government Service Tax Levy
- International airfare to/from Delhi - search for best flights here
- Travel insurance - buy travel insurance online here
- Expenses incurred in case of evacuation or rescue
- Meals, accommodation, and travel activities in Delhi
- Alcoholic beverages
- Massages at Heliski Base Spa
- Excess baggage charges on international and Delhi–Manali–Delhi flights
- Ski boots, snowboarding gear
- Visa Fees
Know Before you go
- Extra Vertical: 120 euro per 1,000 vertical meters
- Medevac flight by helicopter: 2,300 euro- per hour. (Emergency evacuation from ski terrain to base is free)
- Single room in Manali (by guest choice or when no room mate can be found) - 375 euro for 7 nights
- Use of motorbikes
The safety of guests and staff is the primary concern of Himalaya Heli-Ski.
HHS operates with the lowest guide-to-guest ratio in the world (1:3 or 1:4). The guides are Internationally Certified and experienced heli-ski professionals. They have emergency medical skills and are experts in snow safety, rescue techniques and mountain travel and all have worked with heli-ski operations worldwide. The low number of guests allows them to provide a level of security not normally available.
Each guest will be given an avalanche transceiver and airbag and will be instructed on its use at the beginning of each week. The guides carry extensive rescue and emergency gear and are equipped with radios for communication with the helicopter and base.
Note that the danger of avalanches is always present. The conditions that create potential for avalanches are complex and incompletely understood. HHA guides are highly trained at forecasting and avoiding areas of high avalanche danger, but this is a constantly changing phenomenon, and you must be willing to accept all risks associated with skiing in remote and uncontrolled areas.
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.