2 Nights | 3 Days
First Aid Kit
Kasol Kheerganga trek is one of the most well-known destinations for trekking and is located at a height of 2950m. Deep in the Parvati Valley, it’s considered nature’s paradise as the beauty is almost spellbinding. On Kasol Kheerganga Trek, you get the double benefit of exploring two villages pervaded with religious and nature’s bliss. It is an easy trek with a steep but manageable climb. Kasol and Kheerganga lie at the height of 1580 m and 2956 m, respectively. Amidst the astounding Parvati Valley in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, Kheerganga is a trekker’s dream. The trek base is Kasol, a quaint village lying at a distance of 500 km from Delhi. Your trek begins from Kasol, which is a quaint village perched at a height of about 5000 ft. in the Himalayas. Located deep in the Parvati Valley, Kheerganga is considered the 'abode of Lord Shiva.' Known for mesmerizing hot water springs and scenic valley views, the Kheerganga Trek is located at a height of about 9600 ft. and is regarded as one of the most well-known treks to do in Himalaya. The peace and beauty can make you forget about the chaos of city life instantly.
Barshaini | Guided trek to Kheerganga
- Wake up to a mesmerizing sunrise in Kasol.
- After breakfast, begin the journey to Barshaini in a shared taxi at an additional cost.
- Prepare yourself for the trek to Kheerganga after meeting your trekking guide.
- It's a 12 km (one side) trek, which takes 4.5 hours approximately to cover.
- The Kasol Kheerganga trek offers some beautiful sights which will rejuvenate your mind.
- En-route, see the Shiva Temple, Rudra Naag Waterfall, and interesting rock formations.
- You can spend the evening at your own leisure near the mountains and after dinner relax at the camp.
Kheerganga to Barshaini Trek | Say Goodbye To The Mountains
- After a filling breakfast, take a dip in a popular hot water spring nearby and head to Barshaini.
- Again a 12 km trek (approximately 4-5 hours), meaning you will see the beautiful sights all over again
- Keep the luggage at the base camp and explore the local market and amazing cafes.
- Collect the luggage in the evening and depart for Kasol.
Arrival in Kasol
- Reach Kasol by 10:00 AM, check-in, and freshen up at the campsite.
- Head out to see the local places and flea markets in Kasol.
- After coming back, relax by sitting near a bonfire while light music is played
- Enjoy your dinner and retire for the night in the camps.
- Transportation in Tempo Traveller.
- Accommodations in Homestay/Camps on sharing basis as per itinerary.
- Meal Plan as suggested in the descriptive itinerary.
- Trip Lead will be present at all times during the tour.
- First Aid Kits
- All Required Permits
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Infrared Thermometer
- Any additional expenses such as of personal nature.
- Additional accommodation/food costs incurred due to any delay travel.
- Any lunch and other meals not mentioned in Package Inclusions.
- Any Airfare/Rail fare other than what is mentioned in “Inclusions” or any type of transportation from which is outside the itinerary.
- Parking and monument entry fees during sightseeing.
- Additional Costs due to Flight Cancellations, Landslides, Roadblocks, and other natural calamities.
- Any other services not specified above in inclusions.
Know Before you go
- If this is your first long-distance trek, it is always a better idea to plan ahead and start exercising at least a few weeks in advance. Especially since this trek to Kheerganga can get steep in parts.
- Carry enough energy supplements for trek time. It is always better to carry foods containing sugar for energy, like chikki, plum cakes, energy bars, and especially some candy!
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- While the chances of getting Acute Mountain Sickness during the Kasol Kheerganga trek are comparatively lower due to the elevation level, make sure to get acclimatized - especially during the trek from Barshaini to Kheerganga - by taking adequate breaks along the way!
- While it is always best to be prepared and carry enough, it is of utmost importance that you keep your baggage light for high-altitude treks, as it can get very tiring, very quickly!
- Internet and network connectivity is almost non-existent by the time you reach Kheerganga. Thus, it is best to be prepared for such situations and inform close friends and relatives beforehand about your plan to journey to Himachal Pradesh!
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Kasol Kheerganga trek
Things to Carry
- Documents – ID (Driver’s License, AADHAR Card, Voter ID:: Passport and Visa copy for Foreign Nationals)
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Sunscreen and cap
- Necessary toiletries
- Change of clothes - including some warm clothes (as Kheerganga can get quite cold even during the summer) and a raincoat/windcheater
- Bottled water - at least 3 liters and ready-to-eat food like chikki.
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Walking stick
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email with the booking confirmation voucher that can also be viewed on the Explorebees app and website, in the 'my-bookings' section under your profile.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.