First Aid Kit
Savandurga is one of the challenging treks situated 60 km away from Bangalore in Savandurga state forest, this trail is famous for its challenging climb and amazing views of Magadi, Manchabele, and Thippagondanahalli reservoirs and Arkavathi river. Situated at a height of 4220 ft above sea level, it is said to be the largest monolith in Asia. If seen from a distance, it looks like a massive stone. Named Savandurga by Immadi Kempe Gauda, this hill fortress was believed to be unconquerable until the British took over in 1791; Lord Cornwallis has written a detailed account of its capture. Savandurga comprises of twin peaks, one is Karigudda or The Black Hill and the other is Biligudda or The White Hill. Biligudda has been a fort prison during the Hoysala Empire. On the top of the hill, one can see ruins of the fort that were built by Kempegowda. The composition of the hill is mainly granite. A panoramic lush green view of the exteriors of Bangalore is seen from the top. The hill is surrounded by the forest region of Magadi. If lucky, one can spot beautiful migratory birds in the green horizons
The hill looks imposing as one drives closer to it and it is easy to understand why it is called the ‘rock of death.’ The Nandi mantapa looks like a small square on top and all visible sides of the rock look steep and dangerous; only upon reaching the base does one see the rock’s gentle slopes.
Pickup from Bangalore
- Reach the base camp and have breakfast
- Start the trek towards Karadi Kallu Betta
- Climb the peak and indulge in photography
- Descend to base camp
- Enjoy adventurous rappelling activity
- Have lunch at the resort, followed by other adventure activities in and around the lake (Kayaking, Zip-lining, Archery, Rain Dance, etc.)
- Enjoy the sunset with tea and snacks, unwind for a while
- Start our journey back to Bengaluru.
- Pickup and drop from Bangalore
- Forest entry tickets
- Trek Permit
- Experienced guide
- Any other expenses incurred apart from inclusions.
- Personal expenses.
Know Before you go
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colors, and heavy apparel as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek.
Things to Carry
- Trekking Shoes
- Head Torch
- Protein bar/snacks
- Hiking backpack
- Weather-appropriate clothing (think moisture-wicking and layers)
- Hiking boots or shoes
- First-aid kit
- Knife or multi-tool
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- antiseptic wipes
- ID Card
- After the booking is complete, you will receive an email and SMS consisting of booking details. The details can also be viewed in active bookings page of your account. Just login to your account in our website and access 'active bookings' page in the dashboard.
- Show the e-voucher or confirmation E-mail at the reception counter; Trees have feelings too, please don’t print this voucher!
- ‘No Refunds’ will be provided under any circumstances. No modifications and reschedules will be entertained. In case of a cancellation, 100% of the total amount will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get canceled. In such cases, the operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However, if you are not compatible with the dates you will get a full refund.
- The applicable refund amount would reflect in the same account that was used to make the payment at the time of the booking. The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days. Refunds will not be processed in cash.