River and water falls
2 - 3 Hours
FIrst Aid kit
Mallalli waterfalls in Somwarpet Taluk offers a breathtaking view to the visitors. One of the lesser knowns falls in Coorg, Mallalli Falls is a beautiful and majestic falls on the foothills of Pushpagiri range. River Kumaradhara comes gushing down the rocks to create a noisy waterfall that can be heard from a kilometer away. the Waterfalls has two drops which that falls from 200 feet. The Surrounding places have a spectacular view of Green forest, valleys and mountain ranges. The waterfalls can be viewed in the monsoon season when it is at its best. The falls provides a soothing experience when viewed closely. One can carefully tread to the base of the falls and enjoy the misty and cool atmosphere. The base of the falls provides a very good view of the surrounding forest.
Somwarpet is the nearest connected place which is around 25 km from the falls. Jeeps/Taxis/Autos can be hired near Somwarpet bus stand at a reasonable cost up to walking distance from the falls.
- wear comfortable walking shoes. One has to get down approx 400 steps to go much nearer to the falls.
- The best time to visit the falls is the monsoon season as during this time the falls have plenty of water. Even the greenery around is at its best during this time. During the summer season, the water of the fall almost dries down. Visiting during the months of July to December can be a good idea.
- Be mentally and physically prepared for trekking to reach the bottom of the falls.
- Road to the falls is not as great. Come in a Jeep for an adventurous drive towards the falls as the last 3.5 km is real off-roading.
- You can see some crowed only during the weekend and holidays, not on weekdays.
- There will be leaches also during the rainy season.
|January to December|
|Monday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Sunday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Last Admission||04:30 PM|
Things to carry
First aid kit
Food or Snacks
Things Not Allowed