2 - 3 Hours
Baby feeding room
Children's play area
FIrst Aid kit
Cauvery Nisargadhama is a series of small and large islands on the Cauvery river near to Kushalnagar town in Coorg district of Karnataka. Established in 1989, it has been attracting tourists for decades now. The 64-acre island, surrounded by the Cauvery river, can be accessed by walking across a hanging bridge. Nisargadhama is also famous for its hanging bridge which connects the island and helps travelers to cross the Cauvery river. A new bridge has been constructed now just beside the old and shaky hanging bridge, the picturesque picnic spot with lush foliage of thick bamboo groves, sandalwood, and teak trees has lovely river-side cottages. There are many tourist attractions are there in Nisargadhama. The place offers boating, treetop shelters, and elephant riding and many more. If you are lucky then you can see the animals like deer, elephants, and peacocks, other wild animals. To add to the beauty of the resort waterway Kaveri flows solely in and around Nisargadhama which is really a fantastic scenic beauty. Elephant rides and boating are some of the other attractions. There is a deer park, children's park and orchidarium in the resort. Medicinal plants are also grown. Tourists are allowed to get into the water at a few shallow and safe points along the river.
- Tourists are required to pay extra for activities inside the park. For elephant ride, the charges are Rs.25 per person. The charges for boating is Rs.100. There is zip line activity inside the park where they take Rs.100 per person.
- When you entered then you have to cross the bridge. Look down to the bridge may be you will get a glimpse of many fish.
- You may not find boating during peak rainy seasons or when the water level is high.
- swimming here has cost the lives of many Please make sure to note the water level.
- Suggested timing is evening after 03:00 PM
|January to December|
|Monday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Sunday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Last Admission||04:30 PM|
Things to carry
First aid kit
Food or Snacks
Things Not Allowed