2 - 3 Hours
Baby feeding room
Children's play area
FIrst Aid kit
the Art of Living International Center, Situated on the top of the Panchagiri Hills, 24km southwest of Bangalore, near Udipalya village, the Ashram is an ideal location for reflection and retreat. The campus is spread over 65 acres, with an abundance of flowering foliage spread along winding footpaths, a peaceful lake and the exquisitely beautiful Vishalakshi Mantap, the central meditation hall. Started in 1986, the ashram is an exquisite blend of the old and the new. While enjoying meditative walks and exploring the ashram, one can choose from the various residential programs offered at the Ashram every week.
The campus is also the focal point of many service projects such as rural development and education, organic farming initiatives, scientific research into the benefits of ‘Sudarshan Kriya. While at the ashram, one cannot miss the Satsangs that are held every evening. Satsangs are gatherings where scattered minds unite through music, meditation, and wisdom to experience a higher state of consciousness. People from all over the world who know different languages participate in the singing of bhajans, or the repetitive chanting of a word or a verse. Seva (voluntary service) is an integral part of the activities in the ashram. One can experience the humble satisfaction that comes from doing selfless work here, from serving food in the kitchen to keeping the premises clean. The Ashram offers an ideal place for people from all backgrounds, religions, and cultural traditions to come together in knowledge, celebration, and service. it have organic farming, Gau-shala with 400 cows, 2 horses, 2 elephants, School for Vedic education, Satsang Hall (fixed timing), eateries, Ayurvedic clinic, Amphitheatre, Zoo (only dear, rabbit, peacock, pigeons and Turkey) and a small waterfall, Parking area, Guided bus tours & Shops.
- almost all services are free of cost. excluding courses. They conduct the tour in Ashram' s bus at scheduled timings. the free bus tour that takes you to all the places inside the center will take about 1 hr to 1hr 30 Min to complete the tour. note that you need to register your self from the registration office and get the timings as your convenient one.
- can also try the prasad in the afternoon that's free. which will be a satvik diet full of fiber but without onion, garlic and least oil. comprising of rice, chapatis, 2 wonderfully tasteful curries teeming with green veggies, dal or sambar, payasam. made from organic vegetable cultivation in the art of living center itself. Note that you have to sit on the floor and need to do your dishes after your meals.
- a must-visit place inside the art of living center a big shop selling Ayurvedic, organic and souvenirs, the big pagoda type dome for experiencing meditation, and an audio-video orientation center.
- Preferably you should enroll for one of their programs ranging from 2 days to 10 days and stay at the ashram residential facilities.
- The visiting hours for the ashram are 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Daily Satsang is conducted here in the evening from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM and on Sundays Satsang is conducted from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM. one can plan your visit in such a way that you can join us for Satsang as well.
- a guided meditation held in the Information Centre at 12:00 AM and 4:00 PM every day,
- a Video Show on the Art of Living and it's activities and Sri, that is shown in the Information Centre at 11:30 AM and 2:00 PM.
- Darshan (Guruji mass bless) timings are Tuesdays and Thursdays at approximately 4 pm. where you can meet the Guruji in person. Kindly collect tokens at the Secretariat Building next to Vishalakshi Mantap in the morning, on the day. To meet him more personally, please contact someone in the Secretariat building when you arrive at Ashram. The duration of meetings varies depending on Guruji's schedule.
|January to December|
|Monday||09:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Tuesday||09:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Wednesday||09:00 AM - 09:00 AM|
|Thursday||09:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Friday||09:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Saturday||09:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Sunday||09:00 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Last Admission||07:00 PM|
Things to carry
Things Not Allowed