Beaches and Island
1 - 2 Hours
Children's play area
FIrst Aid kit
Alappuzha Beach is also known as Alleppey beach considered one of the favorite tourist spots falls in the district of Alappuzha. located about 3 km from the city Alappuzha. Covered to the west by the Arabian sea, the beach boast of beautiful lakes, lagoons, and several water crisscrosses. The immensely appealing Alleppey beach is also referred to as the Venice of the East. Its proximity to the sea has given it the distinction of being a Backwater Tourist Center attracting foreign visitors to view the Boat races and enjoy the relaxed houseboat holidays. The beach is visible from Alleppey lighthouse as well and lies opposite the lighthouse. Alappuzha Lighthouse stands near the beach which is also an interesting spot for tourists. Remains of Alappuzha Sea Bridge, which is in ruins, are still there as a memory of the good old days when Alappuzha port was one of the most famous and important ports in Kerala. The Sea Bridge enabled the passage of goods that came via ships. Alappuzha Beach The beach is one of the best beach locations for movies. Alappuzha beach consists of a long stretch of shores densely populated with the swaying palm groves. The shores, the sea, and the surrounding landscape offer a fascination to the beach, not to be found elsewhere.
There is Vijaya Beach Park, a park for the children with toy trains and bicycle for their entertainment. Another delightful experience while in Alappuzha is a houseboat cruise. The ones you find in the backwaters of Alappuzha are in fact reworked version of Kettuvallams of olden times. The original Kettuvallams or rice barges used to carry tons of rice and spices. The Kettuvallam or 'boat with knots' was so called because the entire boat was held together with coir knots only. indulge in water sport activities like surfing, parasailing, swimming under the clear blue sky. One can also try to build the dream castle of his own with the help of the colored sands. Even hitting the volleyball at the beach is a unique idea to spend a few minutes jumping and running after the ball on the beaches. The snake boat races are a common sight during the months of August and September. Peoples in thousands throng in to watch the water regatta with great pomp and festivity. A camel ride is another popular activity at the Alappuzha beach. The clean beach makes it a popular activity amongst the tourists. Camel rides, affordable prices, are available during the evening time, mainly at the time of sunset (between 5 pm to 7 pm). Riding a camel’s back along the beach is an amazing experience. The beach of Alleppey is also perfect for various water sports activities such as a motorboat cruise, surfing, diving, para-sailing and swimming in the blue waters of the Arabian Sea. Build sand castles with your children or play games like volleyball and Frisbee with your friends.
- Clean and well-maintained beach but very crowded. Not very good for swimming
- Nice place to chill and can go in the evening to enjoy the sunset. Best time to visit is 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm in the evening and 6:00 am to 8:00 am in the morning.
- There is a clean public toilet at one end of the beach.
- Don't forget to keep a pair of flip flops with you in your luggage. Flip flops are the perfect beach shoe that you can wear.
- In beaches always listen to the lifeguard and tourist police. The waves may be good for bathing and surfing, but there may be rocks underneath and they could hide a current or a sudden depression.
- Plenty of paid umbrella and sunbathing mats available.
- Nothing increases your appetite quite like a day of running in the sand and wave surfing. Make sure that you bring plenty of snacks to keep your energy up.
- The obvious things can sometimes be the most overlooked. Don’t forget to pack sunscreen and know which SPF is best for you and your family!
- Ever get back to the car just to realize that you and your wet bathing suits and towels are about to ruin your car seats? Bringing an extra pair of clothes will not only help you feel you're most comfortable on the ride home, but it’ll make your seats happy, too.
- There is also a changing room they will charge you a small amount to use these rooms. you can take a bath or change your clothes after you play in salt water.
- Beach games are the best games! Whether it’s a Frisbee, a football, Kan Jam or just some classic shovels and pails, everybody loves bonding over some classic beach-time fun! so don't forget to get some gaming equipment.
- Parking fee is 20 bucks and avoids it by parking a little far from the beach as plenty of space is available.
|January to December|
|Monday||05:30 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Tuesday||05:30 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Wednesday||05:30 AM - 05:30 AM|
|Thursday||05:30 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Friday||05:30 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Saturday||05:30 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Sunday||05:30 AM - 08:00 PM|
|Last Admission||07:30 PM|
Things to carry
Food or Snacks
Things Not Allowed