FIrst Aid kit
Melkote Narasimha temple dedicated to Lord Yoga Narasimha stands atop a hill at a height of 1777 meters above the sea level with around 400 steps. situated about 52 km from iconic Mysore palace and 40 Km from Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary just 1 km from world-famous Melukote Cheluvanarayana Swamy Temple and 145 km from Bangalore.
The majestic temple is dedicated to Lord Narasimha. the Yoga Narasimhar temple which is situated on the hills is believed to be one of the seven holy centers of Narasimha worship. This temple was built during the Hoysala times. The idol of Narasimha is in a seated posture with the Yogapatta. It is believed that the idol of Yoga Narasimha temple at Melkote was installed by Prahlada himself, son of Hiranyakashapu. The majestic gopura/towel of the temple is visible from far. A huge drum donated by Tipu Sultan and a bell donated by the Mysore Parakalamatha is seen here. The historic temple attracts devotees due to its architectural beauty, serene surroundings, and religious significance. The beauty and religious significance of the temple has always fascinated the common people and the royalty alike. The temple has a huge drum that was donated by Tipu Sultan. During the rule of the erstwhile Wodeyar Kings of Mysore, Krishnaraja Wodeyar III had donated a gold crown to the temple deity.
Sri Yoga Narasimha Swamy Temple Darshana Timings -
- 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM
- 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Yoga Narasimha Temple at Melkote situated on a small hill with around 400 steps. And there is a motorable road reaches us somewhere above the midway of the hill. Autos and Cars can go up to this point and from there, it would be hardly 150 steps to reach the temple.
- Photography is strictly prohibited inside the temple but people can carry their cameras along with them.
- one should beware of the Monkeys snatching the baggage and things.
- Do not forget to try the Puligogare (Tamarind Rice) which is the specialty of the place
- most of the roads are narrow so please be diligent when parking the vehicles on the road
|January to December|
|Monday||9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM|
|Thursday||9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Friday||9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:30 AM to 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM|
|Last Admission||Afternoon 01:20 PM | Evening 07:50 PM|
Things to carry
Food or Snacks
Things Not Allowed