Museum and art gallery
FIrst Aid kit
Asian Civilisations Museum Located by the historic Singapore River, the Asian Civilisations Museum traces the cultural roots of Singaporeans. It features a diverse collection from Southeast Asia, South Asia, China, and West Asia. The first museum in the region with a focus on Asian cultures, the ACM also presents a programme of changing special exhibitions throughout the year. While Singapore's forefathers came to settle in Singapore from many parts of Asia within the last 200 years, the cultures brought to Singapore by these different people are far more ancient. This aspect of Singapore's history is the focus of the ACM. The Museum's collection, therefore, centers on the material cultures of the different groups originating from China, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. For those seeking a more detailed historical account of Singapore itself, the National Museum is a better museum choice.
Daily Guided Tours
Travel through 5000 years of Asian cultures with the help of our friendly guides. Look out for daily highlight tours of ACM's permanent galleries all year round. Guided tours are free. Museum admission charges may apply. All tours are for 1 hour. For further inquiries on free guided tours, please contact the museum front desk at +65 6332 7798, Visitor Services at +65 6332 3275 / 6332 3583 (Monday – Friday: 9 am to 6 pm), or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Click here to know more about the guided tour
- Foreign Residents and Tourists: $8
- Friday evenings, 7 pm to 9 pm: $4
- The family of 5: $24
*20% discount for group bookings (minimum 20 persons).
- There are free tours in English, so check the times before you go as they are worthwhile. Check on their website to see what time the guided tour run.
- There are guided tours around the museum and the guides are quite knowledgeable.
- There are three wheelchair-friendly washrooms in the museum.
- The museum offers eating, drinking and shopping options to complement your visit.
- Prior booking is required for all group visits with more than 20 people.
- Photography without flash and videography are permitted in the galleries.
- Magnifying glasses are available for loan in exchange for a photo-ID at the Front Desk.
How to reach
- By Car: Drivers can reach the Asian Civilisations Museum via a road behind Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall, off Fullerton Road near Anderson Bridge. Public parking is available at the basement car park of the New Parliament House, at Six Battery Road and at One Fullerton across from the Fullerton Hotel.
- By Train: The Asian Civilisations Museum is a 5-minute walk from Raffles Place MRT station (Exit H).
- By Bus: The Asian Civilisations Museum is a 2-minute walk from the Fullerton Square bus stop (03011), via bus services 10, 10e, 57, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 167, 196, 196e, 700, 850E, 868, 951E, and 971E.
|January to December|
|Monday||10:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 09:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM - 07:00 PM|
|Last Admission||06:00 PM|
Things to carry
Things Not Allowed