Mountain and hill station
2 - 3 Hours
Children's play area
Mandalpatti (Mugilupete or Mandalpet) is a magical beauty and an absolutely scenic place in Coorg. In the local language, Mandalpatti is also known by the names of ‘Mugilu-Peth’ or ‘Mugilu-Pete’ which means Market of Cloud (Mist). Mandalpatti is one of the best tourist spots in Coorg Stands mightily at 30th km from the place Somawarpet. Mandalpatti is with an elevation of 4050 feet and is a part of Pushpagiri reserve forest. The trail takes you through the vast expanse of the forests, through endless lush green grasslands, streams and Western Ghat’s valleys views. Mandalpatti is a viewpoint, Breathtaking views, vast grasslands, and dense forests make this area spectacular and perfect for photography. One has to take entrance tickets from the authorities at the base of Mandalpatti before trekking the hills. monsoon is the season for best view and feels the real atmosphere of Mandalpatti. Usually in the rainy season mist approaches on high lands Mandalpatti one of them and the mist covers whole mountains and valleys that awesome experience for visitors.
The Mandalpatti mountain range associated with many mountains and that continues hundreds of kilometers through the Dakshina Kannada District. The Main Attractions here are misty mountains, grassland, Sceneries, Trees, Birds, clouds that appear near, anyway is the ideal place for a real trip. This is accessible from Madikeri through the Abbey falls road take right in the middle that leads to Mandalpatti. Once on the top of the hills, the beauty of Mandalpatti is unwrapped. Far stretching green mountains and the cool breeze will definitely make one feel like heaven.
There is no bus facility for this place. Own a vehicle or taking a cab is advised. make sure that you carry enough food and water as there are no shops around here.
- Best time to visit this place in October to January, try not visiting on the monsoon season.
- It is better to avoid visiting this place during rainy season as the road is still not fully developed and thus path can be rough and slippery during heavy rain days
- Do not miss this site if you like seeing the sunrise from behind the hills. Try to reach when it is still dark in the early morning. or at around 3:00 pm. At evening time clouds stars covering the place which is rarely seen.
- Carry water and food with you as nothing is available.
- Private vehicles can go up to a greater stretch of the road. Need to park your car and hire a Jeep unless your car has 300mm ground clearance and 4 wheel drive.
- Only a 4X4 wheel Drive vehicle will able to reach this location as the last 6kms is really hilly terrain.
- Jeep drivers may ask for more money, ensure you negotiate. try to bargain as hard as you can to save some extra money.
- There are jeeps charge u 1000 INR to 2000 INR for 1 JEEP for the round trip.
- If u wish to avoid Bumpy jeep ride you can walk to reach the top of the hill by Climb an up and down 8 km distance.
- The walk to the top is also tricky, so if you have young children, the make sure that they can be carried or they have the wherewithal to climb the small hill.
- don't forget to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Though the rate is for a jeep, some jeeps charge per head rate if you are not in a group you can share the jeep with other visitors
- Be ready for the rocky road. There is no road its only mud and stones. it's an amazing Experience.
- Roads are pretty bad and should be avoided by elders, small children and people with back pains.
- Jeep driver gives only 45Min time to explore and enjoy Mandalpatti. you can pay 200 INR more and extend the duration.
- There is a short 5-minute climb to the top and a decent to the viewpoint, for people who are willing to be little adventurous, You can go beyond the viewpoint and enjoy sitting by the rock.
- Carry your own water bottles as there are no shops.
- Don't forget to Charge your Camera or Mobile you will end up clicking unlimited photos.
|January to December|
|Monday||06:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Tuesday||06:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Wednesday||06:00 AM - 06:00 AM|
|Thursday||06:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Friday||06:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Saturday||06:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Sunday||06:00 AM - 06:00 PM|
|Last Admission||05:00 PM|
Things to carry
Food or Snacks
Things Not Allowed