1 - 2 Hours
Children's play area
Marine Drive is a beautiful promenade in Kochi, The place where one can enjoy the real beauty of Kochi city is Marine drive. The Marine Drive is built facing the backwaters of Kochi. It is a popular hangout for the local populace as well as the tourists. Even though it is called Marine Drive but vehicles are not allowed on the walkway. Its popularity among tourists and the local populace has made Marine Drive an important hub of economic activities in Kochi. Marine Drive boasts of numerous shopping malls and that makes it an important center of shopping in Kochi. You can find many popular fast food joints along the walkway. The Marine Drive stretches from the Jankar Jetty in the north to the Ernakulam Boat Jetty in the south.
The Public Ground at the Northern part of the Marine Drive is the preferred venue for major exhibitions and more importantly political meetings that mark major landmarks in the Kerala political scene. Hundreds of people throng the Marine Drive walkway during the evenings to view the rising sun over the sea mouth and feel the gentle breeze coming from the nearby Vembanad Lake. The Marine Drive walkway starts from the High Court Junction and stretches until the Rajendra Maidan. Several boat jetties dot the walkway, which has two bridges- the Rainbow bridge and the Chinese Fishing Net Bridge.
experiences in Marine Drive
- Marine Drive boating: Marine Drive is best known among the locals for spending laid back evenings while enjoying the scenic beauty of the Vembanattu Kayal and its calm breeze. But for tourists, Marine Drive offers many intriguing and engaging activities, the main being Marine Drive boating. There are many private and government-run boats and small cruise services. There are a few cruises which organize candid dinner amidst the city lights being reflected on the beautiful lake. The best time for boating in Marine Drive is undoubtedly the late evenings and nights.
- Rainbow Bridge: Rainbow bridge is another attraction of the Marine Drive for tourists. The arch-shaped bridge is illuminated with rainbow-colored lights which gives a marvelous visual in the night. There are several seating arrangements near the bridge for visitors to witness this splendor.
- GCDA shopping complex: There are a number of shops near the Marine Drive walkway for tourists. Visitors who wish to have a hassle-free shopping experience shall try the GCDA shopping complex. This place also has many eateries with food items ranging from traditional Kerala cuisine to continental cuisine.
- Avoid holidays if you want to enjoy the place.
- If you are looking for a cheaper boat ride, take a public boat from boat jetty (at the end of the marine drive) to fort Kochi. It costs less than Rs10 and for the 20 minutes trip. You can visit Fort Kochi beach and watch Chinese fishing nets also.
- Prepaid auto is available at KSRTC bus stop.
|January to December|
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
Things to carry
First aid kit
Food or Snacks
Things Not Allowed