Museum and art gallery
2 - 3 Hours
Children's play area
FIrst Aid kit
The Kerala State Science & Technology Museum is an autonomous organization designed to serve as a dynamic medium of science communication for the public and inculcating a sense of inquiry and scientific temperament in the minds of the young. The museum has galleries on electricity, electronics, power and motion mechanics with more than 300 exhibits, galleries on Popular Science, Mathematics, Auto mobile, Bio-medical Engineering, Computer and Solar energy, Priyadarsini Planetarium, Science Park, a Mobile Science Exhibition Unit, a Play Park with Educational playing devices, Energy Park, 3D theatre, Edusat Talk Back, Terminal, Energy ball, Motion simulator with 6 degrees of freedom and Laserium & Water fountain etc. A well equipped library is an important attraction of this museum.
Kerala State Science & Technology Museum is very popular among School, College and University students and general public. It also organizes science and technology awareness classes on a regular basis for students. Resource persons from the field of Engineering, Mathematics, Theoretical and Applied Science, Astronomy, Environment Sciences and other related areas are invited not only from Trivandrum but also from other parts of the state as well as from outside the state. Quiz competition in science & technology for school and college students are being held regularly.
Science and Technology Museum was established in 1984, the Kerala State Science & Technology Museum, is an autonomous organisation, setup by the Government of Kerala, to serve as a dynamic medium of science communication for the public and for inculcating a sense of inquiry and scientific temperament in the minds of the young. This is also a study cum recreation centre and an important tourist attraction.The prestigious project of the Museum, PRIYADARSINI Planetarium was also made functioning in1994. A Children’s Science Park and Mobile Science Exhibition unit were opened to the public in 1997 and 1999 respectively. Later on, Computer Gallery and Solar energy gallery were also opened. A Play park with thirteen playing devices was opened in 2005. Energy Park, 3D Theatre, Digital Weighing Machine, Edusat Talk Back Terminal, Energy Ball are the other attractions of the Museum
- Museum, Gallery & Park: Timing: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm | Ticket Rates: Adults Rs.25/- per head, Children/Students: rs.15/- per head
- Planetarium: Timing: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Ticket Rates | Adults Rs75/- per head Children/Students: Rs.40/- per head
- First Hybrid Planetarium in India with ta tilted dome.
- Provision for projecting starry night sky of any location on Earth at any point of time using high versatile Opto mechanical projector.
- The biggest projection screen in South India surpassing all the Cinema theatres, dome theatres and Planetariums.
- Provision for projecting latest updates on Astronomical Science including photographs.
- Suitable for presenting live Astronomy classes as well as edutainment film shows.
- Thrillarium(6D Theatre): Timing: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm | Ticket Rates: Adults Rs.30/- per head Children/Students: Rs.20/- per head
- 3D Theatre: Timing: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm | Ticket Rates: Adults Rs.25/- per head Children/Students: Rs.15/- per head
- Laserium & Fountain: Timing: 7.00 pm |Ticket Rates: Adults Rs 30/- per head Children/Students: Rs.20/- per head
- Night Sky Observation: Only on Thursdays & Fridays | Ticket Rates: Adults Rs.20/- per head Children/Students: Rs.15/- per head
- Night sky observatory: Night sky observation with fully automatic 11” telescope is arranged for Public on all Thursdays and Fridays from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM. The visitors can observe planets, Nebulae and stars etc through this telescope. (If the sky is clear).
- Telescopes: 11” Autotracking Telescopes with GPS facility is available for night sky observation. Facilities for astrophotography is also available
- Ham Radio Station: A Ham Radio Station is one of the most effective communication system for disaster management during natural calamities like flood, Tsunami, earthquake, Landslides etc. A Ham Radio station is made available for the public to see how it works as well as to interact through Licensed Hams on all Thursday and Friday. For the interested public museum conducts short term cour.
|January to December|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Last Admission||04:30 PM|
Things to carry
Things Not Allowed