River and water falls
30 - 45 Min
Children's play area
Lakkom Water Falls is tourist attraction, It is located near Udumalpett highway (NH 17), about 35 kms from Munnar. Lakkom waterfalls are part of Eravikulam National Park. This stream is one of the major tributaries of river Pampar. The cascading waterfalls and the scenic surroundings makes it tourists favourite hideout in Munnar. The surroundings of this waterfalls are beautified by the abundance of the Vaga trees and its scenic beauty is at its peak during the flowering season during when the whole place looks as if it is painted in red. The clear pool at the bottom of the falls attracts the tourist to take a splash in it. visitors can only reach the bottom part. The top is not accessible.
- Beware that the rocks are slippery. Be extremely careful.
- There are no signboards warning you of the dangers but the place can be extremely slippery and depths can be misleading. Hang out in groups if possible.
- Visit as early as possible in the morning.
- There is no proper place to stand right under the falls like a few other falls. You can, however, sit on a rock which is close enough to have a dip in the falls.
- Lots of monkeys so keep your belongings/eatables safe.
|January to December|
|Monday||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Tuesday||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Wednesday||09:00 AM - 09:00 AM|
|Thursday||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Friday||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Saturday||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Sunday||09:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Last Admission||03:00 PM|
Things to carry
Food or Snacks
Things Not Allowed
No reviews yet