Zoo and aquarium
3 - 4 Hours
Children's play area
FIrst Aid kit
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is situated at a distance of about 52 kilometers from Panjim. Located off the national highway 4A, Bondla zoo is closest to the town of Ponda in central Goa. It was established in the year 1969. Situated at an altitude of 3000 feet in the lush western ghats, Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary spreads over an area of just 8 sq. km, making it the smallest wildlife sanctuary in Goa. A perfect place for people looking to spend a quiet time in the lap of mother nature. Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary consists of a number of well-maintained gardens and lawns which act as favorite hangout spots for the visitors. The vegetation is mainly deciduous forests along with a few stretches of semi-evergreen forests. Bondla forest is also famous for the varied species of animals such as the Sambhar and Wild Boar. Besides, it is famous for bird watching similar to its counterparts in Kotigao and Chorao and the elephant rides provide the much-needed entertainment in this secluded place. The hills to the southeast of this forest are dominated by wild animals and reptiles such as leopards, jackals, langurs, pythons, wild boars, bison and serpents. The Rangado river flows on the eastern side while the Madhel flows across the northern side. It is also a very significant place in terms of its 'Rehabilitation center' wherein injured animals are taken care of and nursed back to health. There are many porcupines of late in this sanctuary not to ignore the various species of birds including the Grey Hornbill. Overall, Bondla is a great place to have fun and enjoy the silent atmosphere of the serene forest. Bondla wildlife sanctuary with its lush forests, meandering rivers, fenced deer park, joyful elephant rides and a mini zoological park, Deer safari park, formal gardens, Botanical gardens, Nature Education center, Birdlife, Wild animals, Nature trails, Archaeological exhibit attract people throughout the year, is the ideal place for a perfect family vacation. More than a sanctuary, it is an ideal jungle hotel, a major attraction for institute going children and nature lovers. Accommodation in the form of cottages are provided by the Government of Tourism.
- Zoological Park- A tiny Zoo permits one to see the fauna of Goa in moated enclosures with natural surroundings. Animal exhibits include Panther, Lion, Gaur, Sambar, Deers (Spotted, Hog & Barking ) Sloth Bear, Crocodiles, Reptiles, etc.
- Deer Safari Park- Visitors can move among deers in vehicles inside the sprawling Deer Safari Park housing Sambar and Spotted Deers.
- Formal Gardens- Spacious lawns, exotic trees, varieties of roses, and colorful flowering plants in the middle of the forest do please the eye. The large collection of plants is of interest to students in Botanic Gardens.
- Botanical Gardens - The large collection of plants is of interest to students
- Nature Education Centre -The NEC houses several exhibits, which visitors can see, feel and interpret. An attached Library provides details to the inquisitive, and video and cine movies are screened on request.
- Birdlife - Bondla wildlife sanctuary is home to over a hundred bird species. For details on bird-watching areas contact the Park Range Office.
- Wild Animals - For those seeking greater adventure and excitement, bondla wildlife sanctuary has watch-towers where wild animals like Gaur, Sambar, Wild Boar can be seen at water-holes. However, the sighting of animals is rare.
- Nature Trails - For the more energetic the Nature Trails provide an ideal opportunity to see nature as it is.
- Archeological exhibit - One of the best-worked images of deity "Gajalaxmi" with several motives in bold relief belonging to the period between VI and VIII century venerated by ancient settlers are located here.
|January to December|
|Monday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday||09:00 AM - 09:00 AM|
|Thursday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Sunday||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Last Admission||03:00 PM|
Things to carry
Things Not Allowed