Beaches and Island
2 - 3 Hours
Children's play area
Anjuna is a place for all those who visit Goa in search of music and trance parties. Anjuna Beach is Close to the Chapora Fort, its key attraction is a magnificent Albuquerque Mansion built in 1920, flanked by octagonal towers and an attractive Mangalore tile-roof. Anjuna was the second home (and main location) of the hippies in Goa in the 1960s and 1970s, after other destinations like Calangute got too “crowded” for them. It is still the venue of a (vastly-changed and more mainstream) flea market held each Wednesday. In the nearby village of Arpora, two colorful Saturday night bazaars are held in the non-monsoon seasons. The Anjuna beach is known for its full-moon (acid house) parties. Held for and by young tourists, these parties have attracted thousands of tourists. The trance party with dance, frolic, and merriment goes all night besides the fire. It is just the right place for lazing holidaymakers. Besides the calm waters of the Arabian Sea lapping softly on the Indian shore, Anjuna comes alive with its ever-famous full-moon parties and the Wednesday flea market to take one onto a trance trip.
Anjuna Beach has been the haunt of the flower generation in the sixties and is now popular with the younger generations. It became popular because of its Trance Parties and the Hippies who tried to fuse the Eastern spiritual traditions with Western music, ideas, and art. Every Wednesday, at around 11 a.m., Anjuna breaks into a riot of colors. Lines of vehicles full of tourists start virtually raising clouds of dust in this area. Whatever one needs, from a used paperback to a haircut, one would find it here. The flea market is a heaven for hardcore shoppers and good bargainers, to bid on wonderful blends of Tibetan, Kashmiri and Gujarati trinkets and handicrafts, European snacks, cassettes of a noisy brand of music called 'Goa Trance', artificial ornaments carvings and T-shirts. An elephant ride and a photograph with a fake sadhu or a fake snake charmer can also be found here.
- You can't take a vehicle all the way to the beach. You will have to walk a little.
- Be care full while swimming in Anjuna beach as some part of the beach has a solid rock which will hurt your legs.
- The Saturday night market is a must to visit, good food, great music, a lot of beer and alcohol.
- Many restaurants, hotels and a few cottages are situated on the shore but besides all, that one can sit and relax on this beach without any disturbance.
- Water sports like parasailing, banana boat, bumper ride, jet ski, and boat ride package will cost you about INR 1200 to 1500 depends on season and time.
|January to December|
|Monday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 11:59 PM|
|Last Admission||Open daily 24 Hours 365 Days.|
Things to carry
First aid kit
Things Not Allowed