India is one really incredible country which has its admirers spread all over the globe. However, citizens of almost all countries require a Visa to witness and explore the beauty of India. It is said that getting a Visa for a country is a difficult task, but Indian Visa is easily accessible if applied in the right manner. Not only the application process is easier and cheaper but also provides you an option for getting an e-visa.
Here, we have made a complete guide on Indian Visa which will give you most of the information regarding the different types of visas available, their plus-points and also the procedure through which the chances of your visa application getting approved increases. If you are also one of the die-hard fans of India and want to witness the daily madness and chaos of the people of the country, then read the article carefully!
- Tourist Visas: Tourist Visas are generally given for a period of 6 months but vary depending on the country of residence. The applicant is required to produce/submit a document in proof of his/her financial standing. Tourists traveling in groups of not less than four members under the auspices of a travel agency recognized by Government of India may be considered for grant of collective tourist visa. Even if the Visa is for an extended period, permitted time period of stay in the country at a time is limited to six months. Both single entry and multiple entry Visas are issued for this type.
- Business Visas: This type of Visa is valid for six months or more with multiple entries. However, the period of stay in each visit is limited to only six months. A letter from the sponsoring organization indicating the nature of the business, probable duration of stay, places, and organizations to be visited should be indicated in the application. Also, a guarantee to meet the maintenance expenses while in India should accompany the application. Business Visa valid for ten years with multiple entries is available to foreign businessmen who have set up or intend to set up joint ventures in India.
- Student Visas: Student Visas are issued for the duration of the academic course of study or for a period of five years, whichever is less. The application for this type of Visa should be accompanied by firm letters of admission from Universities or recognized colleges or educational institutions in India. Change of purpose and institutions are not permissible. Proof of financial arrangements for the studies and the expenses while in India should also be submitted with the application.
- Employment Visas: Employment Visas are issued to skilled and qualified professionals or persons who are engaged or appointed by companies in India. Applicants are required to submit the proof of contract/employment by the company/organization. The period of stay for this Visa depends on the nature of employment and the duration of the employment.
- Missionary Visas: Visas to missionaries are valid for single entry only. The duration of stay is as permitted by Government of India. A letter from the sponsoring organization containing intended destination in India, probable duration of stay and nature of duties to be discharged should be submitted along with a guarantee for applicant\'s financial maintenance while in India.
- Journalist Visas: As the name suggests, these Visas are issued to professional journalists and photographers. The duration of the Visa is generally three months but can vary according to the program of journalists.
- Conference Visas: Conference Visas are issued for attending conferences, seminars or meetings in India. The Visa application should be accompanied by a letter of invitation from the organizer of the conference. Delegates coming to attend conferences may combine tourism with attending conferences.
- Transit Visas: Transit Visas are issued for a maximum period of 15 days with single/double entry facilities to bonafide transit passengers only.
- E- Visa Scheme: There are the latest technologies in place for E-Visa or Electronic Visa Scheme for 161 countries’ citizens. Visitors to India can apply for this type of Electronic Travel Authorization via online. Then upon arrival, the visitor can get a Visa stamp to enter the country. This is valid for a period of 60 days as opposed to the earlier time duration of 30 days. Under this Travel Program the scope of this type of visa was increased to include short term medical treatment, attend short term yoga program/courses, and casual business visits and conferences. This is an easier facility as earlier there was a separate requirement for any of the above like business trip, short term medical, etc.
- Intern Visa: Earlier any foreigner pursuing an internship program in an Indian organization had to obtain an Employment Visa. Post-April 1, 2017, upon meeting specific conditions, foreigners can obtain an Intern Visa. There should not be a gap of more than one year after the Intern Visa applicant graduated or done Post Graduation and the start of the intern program. This visa is valid until the internship program duration or for a year. So if the internship ends within 10 months then the validity period of the Intern Visa is 10 months. This kind of visa cannot be converted to Employment Visa another Visa type.