2 - 3 Hours
Children's play area
FIrst Aid kit
Anamudi or Anai Mudi located 13 km from Munnar in Idukki district. a four-hour trek to the north at the height of 2695 meters 8842 feet above sea level is Anamudi Peak. Anamudi is the tallest summit of Western Ghats also known as Sahyadhri range, located in Kerala state with an elevation of 2,695 m (8,842 ft). Anamudi is also the highest peak in South India and the highest point in India outside the Himalaya-Karakoram mountain range. Anamudi is located at the junction of three major hills of the Western Ghats the Cardamom Hills, the Anaimalai Hills and the Palani Hills. Anamudi provides a panoramic view of Mother Nature with scent and sight of tea plantations running across both sides of the road and gigantic mountains wrapped in green coats.
Anamudi Peak of Western Ghats is a part of Eravikulam National Park. It lies between Cardamon hills, Palani hills, and Annamalai hills. It is famously known as the ‘Himalayas of southern India’. The word Anamudi means Elephant forehead. Anamudi, along with Eravikulam Park, is home to Asia’s largest surviving populations of Elephants, endangered Gaurs and exotic Nilgiri Langurs, lion-tailed macaque, leopards, and Bengali tigers. The Eravikulam national park at Anamudi offers an opportunity to the visitors to watch wild animals in their natural habitat. On the slopes of the hills, one can come across rare and interesting flora and fauna like wintergreen, Anaphalis and Impatiens. The green hue of forests is the source of large, scenic rivers in Kerala and along the state of Tamil Nadu. trekkers who wish to climb all the way up are required to issue special permission from Eravikulam National Park authorities regarding trekking and weather conditions alike. It is also an ideal place for camping out.
- Anamudi Peak can be walked to from the Eravikulam National Park premises. You can get a taxi or bus from Munnar to reach the National Park.
- Foodstuff is not allowed. So, when you visit the peak, leave all your food articles in the car.
- It is recommended that you book entry ticks to the park 2-3 days before your visit to avoid waiting in the queue for hours. Reservation fee Rs 50/- Reservation counter 9 am – 3 pm at the Information center, Munnar Ph. 04865 231 563 & 082819 93741.
- Government restrictions, it is not allowed for trekkers to climb all the way up the peak so do take that into account before you start on your trek.
Contact for permission:
- Forest Information Centre, Wildlife Warden's Office, Munnar PO, Idukki, Kerala, India - 685 612, Tel: +91 4865 231587, E-mail: email@example.com
- District Tourism Promotion Council Information Centre, Old Munnar Road, Idukki- 685 612,Tel: +914865 231516, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|January to December|
|Monday||07:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Tuesday||07:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Wednesday||07:30 AM - 07:30 AM|
|Thursday||07:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Friday||07:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Saturday||07:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Sunday||07:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Last Admission||03:00 PM|
Things to carry
Things Not Allowed